Home

(Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion.

This is a discussion on (Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2003, 09:23 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: (Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion.

Quote:

Erv said:
I think online is a necessary for me because you really have no idea what your opponent is going to do or really don't know about there playing habits. Outthinking a live human is much more gratifying versus the cpu.

Erv, I couldn't have said it better myself. I can't understand the mentality of wanting to play the CPU when there is such a vast array of opponents to play online. I think the excuse about too many cheesers is a crock of $hit. Are there cheesers out there? Of course. But there are far more players out there who can just flat out play. As someone mentioned earlier, there are many online leagues to play in where you can get straight up games and REALLY show if you have skills. If your not really interested in competition then I can understand wanting to just play the CPU. You know, so you can sit back and "adjust those sliders" so the game plays more to your liking...
Old 07-27-2003, 10:11 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Erv said:
I think online is a necessary for me because you really have no idea what your opponent is going to do or really don't know about there playing habits. Outthinking a live human is much more gratifying versus the cpu.

Erv, I couldn't have said it better myself. I can't understand the mentality of wanting to play the CPU when there is such a vast array of opponents to play online. I think the excuse about too many cheesers is a crock of $hit. Are there cheesers out there? Of course. But there are far more players out there who can just flat out play. As someone mentioned earlier, there are many online leagues to play in where you can get straight up games and REALLY show if you have skills. If your not really interested in competition then I can understand wanting to just play the CPU. You know, so you can sit back and "adjust those sliders" so the game plays more to your liking...

I guess that's part of it. For me, I'm not interested in "showing my skills" by playing someone online. It really doesn't do anything for me to beat someone or lose to someone that I don't know. Yeah, back in college before online gaming, we'd get a group of friends together and play a Madden tournament. That was fun because there's a group of guys sitting in a room playing a game we enjoyed. Not someone playing someone else who is sometimes a complete stranger.

When some friends come over to my house to play, that's also fun. However, I also enjoy taking a team and running through X number of franchise seasons and taking a team and seeing what I can do with them. I might take a bad team and see if I can turn them into a champion. Or take my hometown Steelers (most likely) and see if I can keep up their winning ways even after some guys retire.

I guess I really enjoy the management part of the game. I like to see the guys I draft progress or not progress depending on what I've been able to do with them. It's the management side of the game that I really enjoy. I can't do that by playing guys online. Just my take.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:26 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

Well, online play is not my thing at all. I just don't play online. I prefer to play a franchise against the computerized AI. So no, to me this doesn't make the game useless, and I will be getting Madden 2004 for the X-Box.

CRH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 03:09 AM   #36
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I like playing online because it lets me know how good I really am. It also shows me all the cheap tricks and ways people cheat. Some people have came up with some pretty creative ways to screw me.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:25 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not being online doesn't excessively hurt the Xbox version of Madden imo. It's a great game in it's own right and the fact it will be cheese free of the online element, all the better.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think there are some of us here who have never played a console game online and just try to tell themselves they don't need it.

Online play is extremely fun. And its true, I don't think I could buy a sports game anymore that wasn't online. One thing, I'd probably play an offline sports game for about a month then want to get rid of it. With online sport games, I probably play those things for about 6 - 8 months. And of course there are cheaters online, but the reward of playing a great game with someone is just too good to pass up. And I don't know many people that have "friends" that will come over at 12 at night to play Madden. I wouldn't call those people friends, they are more like slaves.

It's kinda like when you go from a Ford to a BMW. Sure you enjoyed that Ford, but when you get the BMW, you don't drive the Ford that much anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »