Home

Who uses Create-a-Team?

This is a discussion on Who uses Create-a-Team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Heroiczero13's Arena

OVR: 13
Who uses Create-a-Team?

After a while of playing any given Madden I end up liking to make CATs to mix things up, but when I do I only choose the cupcake roster option or do a fantasy team with the worst players available. I was wondering how many people actually use CATs? Because it is an area of the game I feel could use a little work. One little thing is the lack of variety in the different logos to use, though basically the only real big complaint I have is why they havent adopted the idea of Teambuilder that has been in the NCAA games for a few years now. I dont know how difficult or not it would be to repurpose that for Madden, but it seems like something that wouldnt have to be started from scratch and provides the most depth for people to make teams. If there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, than that is alright, I was just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Who uses Create-a-Team?

I use it but end up deleting my teams after playing a quarter with them. Very rarely do I use it because of the lack of range we have with the logos. It's another reason why I never move teams in Franchise modes. They don't take the original jerseys with them and all of the logos we get are too cartoonish.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Not Madden related, but EA Sports related...

I only used CAT for the NHL game. Same problem though----the arena was extremely generic, and the logo's leave alot to be desired.

For those who love football but don't have an NFL team, (ex. Los Angeles), their CAT choices are extremely limited.

I don't believe EA cares enough to improve this feature in any of their games.....
Old 06-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Not Madden related, but EA Sports related...

I only used CAT for the NHL game. Same problem though----the arena was extremely generic, and the logo's leave alot to be desired.

For those who love football but don't have an NFL team, (ex. Los Angeles), their CAT choices are extremely limited.

I don't believe EA cares enough to improve this feature in any of their games.....
NCAA's TeamBuilder would like a word with you.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
NCAA's TeamBuilder would like a word with you.
Maybe I misspoke. I meant in the context of, say you want to move the Raiders back to LA but keep their colors and logo. You can't. This is in offline franchise mode.

That's what I meant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

needs team builder, I want my own fraking logos.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

yea team builder was weak.. we should be able to use our own logo's and have a deeeep creation mode
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I'd go with that.....I love create a team and lately it's been stale....old gen (i hear people groaning "there he goes again") had a much better set of logos. Also on old gen the team played the way it should. I'd use "strong D" teams and the D was great (should be they were all 90's it seemed) but on new gen the "strong D" gives up tons of yardage. I watch my 99 LB and DE get mauled and my 99CB get beat deep all the time. I wish they'd fix this.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »