Home

Hows your franchise playing?

This is a discussion on Hows your franchise playing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Hows your franchise playing?

Going into my 2nd season with the Lions(8-7-1)(missed the playoffs)

Key Things:
Signed Santana Moss
Drafted Terrelle Pryor
Spoiler
Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been tweaking the sliders a lot too with my Broncos franchise... Pretty much 40 points a game, with me recently throwing for 578 yards and 5 touchdowns. Eddie Royal got 308 yards and 3 touchdowns... Its been 8 games and Eddie Royal is already at twelve hundred yards.

So I'm tweaking the sliders but I'm not ganna restart. That would be a waste of time and I'll just consider this first season an experiment.

Otherwise I really like it... I wish they made Tim Tebow's potential an A but give him a lower starting rating. I feel like he deserves a high potential but low starting rating. His work ethic which would translate to potential is the best of the rookie class.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am 4-4 right now with the 49ers. Playing on All-Pro. First game of the season I beat the Seahawks on a GW FG 30-28. Proceeded to drop 2 straight. First was a heartbreaking Monday Night 20-14 loss to the Saints. Next was a 16-3 loss to the Chiefs. Then went on a 3 game winning streak. Dropped the Falcons 33-15, Eagles 27-10, and the Raiders 31-16. Currently I'm on a 2 game losing streak. Lost to the Panthers 23-9 and to the Broncos in London 34-23.

Alex Smith is having a pretty bad year so far with 1268 yards 8 TD's 11 INT's. Only a 57.5 QB rating.

"THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH FRANK GORE" is currently 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards (810) behind DeAngelo Williams and Adrian Peterson. 3rd in rushing TD's as well with 7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

You can follow my franchise here at:

Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Dynasty HQ > Football Dynasties

The reader's digest version:

I sim my games. My 49ers have a sub-par season in 2011. We draft two linebackers with a lot of potential along with a great RG. I find out that my coaching scheme is set to the 4-3 and not the 3-4 for some reason when the franchise stated and that may be a reason my team was doing so poorly. With adjustments to my coaching options and picking up Matt Hasselbeck in the free agency, my 49ers finally make the playoffs with a bye in the first round. We defeat the Packers and then the lions in the NFC championship game. I play the 49ers Ravens Superbowl and it freezes after I blow the Ravens out. We have a slow start to our third season where we finally creep back in and win the West by the skin of our teeth only to be defeated in the Wildcard by the Bears.

I am now entering the pre-season of my 4th season. however, I have been playing a lot of Online Team Play [OTP] these last few nights. I will get back to my franchise soon, maybe even tonight though.

I don't know how far I am going to take it though. I doubt I will go all 30 years. I think depending on how many Superbowls I do or do not win, along with real life and my brand new rookies retiring off, i may just end it one year. 30 years is great, but the NFL hardly stays the same year in and year out, let alone for 30 years.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Has anyone tried coach mode? [auto passing] Having a "god's eye view" of the field with play art and user control is such a huge advantage for your QB and his numbers. I suggest people allow their QB to make his own decisions just like a coach has to. Let your "low awareness QB" play like he has low awareness. I doubt the games will be as lop sided for you then. I love controlling my players, and don't have a problem controlling a RB or a receiver after the catch, but the QB is what can make or break a game.

Also, I don't know if you do it as well, but I do my best not to use the spin move as a juke move. Rarely do you see this in NFL. However, in Madden, one well placed spin move can easily get you 6 points and we all know that. These are two changes that have done a lot for me, maybe they will do the same for you.

In my limited experience, I could really feel the difference between playing as the Saints or the Patriots when compared to my 49ers or the Jets.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Has anyone tried coach mode? [auto passing.] having a god's eye view of the field with play art and user control gives a huge advantage over the user controlled teams QB and his numbers. I suggest people let their QB make his own decisions like a coach has to. let your "low awareness QB" play like he has low awareness. I doubt the games will be as lop sided for you then. I love controlling my players, and don't have a problem controlling a RB or a receiver after the catch, but the QB is what makes or breaks games wide open. I don't know if you do it as well, but I do my best not to use the spin move as a juke move. Rarely do you see that in NFL games, yet in madden, one well placed spin move can get you 6 points and we all know that. these two changes have done a lot for me, maybe they will do the same for you.
I'll give it a try and see how I like it.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #15
Rookie

kaizer85's Arena

OVR: 1

broncos chise All-Pro im 4-0 with tebow as starter and is leading towards all the rookies. Traded away Kyle Orton for a 5th round pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I just played a game as the Jets against the patriots 15min quarters w/ accelerated clock and coach mode on. the only slider change I was using was user/computer pass reaction time set to 90 each along with user pick set to 5 and computer set to 15. Aside from that, everything else is standard All-Pro. the score was 10-6 at half time and I ended up losing 24-20. The stats were nice, the game was fun, and I lost. I like not knowing if I am going to win the game or not when i start it up. That doesn't suddenly make Madden 11 perfect, but it was very enjoyable.

I understand and respect if people don't want to use house rules like I do, but they give me a far more enjoyable and seemingly realistic experience. More so than Madden has ever given me on field before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »