Home

an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good.

This is a discussion on an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm very aware of how the ratings work and apply to the field....

MY biggest issue is you are testing it on the field but if Manning and Brady are being judged on games that are simmed you are going to have trouble with their QBA ratings in those games.

If you lower their awareness it's going to effect their comp % and TD vs INT ratios in games that are not played. That's all i'm saying to you.

I wouldn't use that approach towards Manning, Brees, Rivers and Brady because they are going to be avg QB's in your franshise mode when you observe their stats.

Now if your doing this accross the boards for the next tier group of players who you may not consider ELITE then yeah it works pretty good. The problem arises once you get into franshise mode and you don't actually play the games. Your running the risk of having those guys end up with sub par QB ratings on the year and they could very well not even make the pro bowls because of it or better yet fail to get their teams to the playoffs because of the sub par play during simulated games when the engine starts to put a heavy emphasis on awareness.
through my experience madden simmed stats never reflect the actual stats of the league..which would leave me to believe that editing is neccessary in some areas.

..the goal is to find a good base and use it against all QB's in the league; so the elite status of certain QB's will not be in danger.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So I simmed a season, default rosters.......

QB's

Peyton Manning was sacked 41 times
Brees had the most passing yards and TD passes
Favre had the highest rating at 102.
Hassel threw the most INT's with 21
Peyton Manning and Bree's had the highest completion % with 64%
9 QB's had 60 or higher completion %

For RB's

Michael Turner had the most rushing yards with almost 1500 yards
Morento had the most TD rushes
Peterson had the highest avg with 5.4 yards a carry
about a dozen RB's averaged between 4 & 5 yards a carry
Tate and Sproles had the most fumbles with 8

WR's

Ohocochinco had the most catches 115
Colston the most TD and yards
Shilenic had the most drops with 21, he is some Raider WR

Defense

Hatten had the most sacks with 18.5
Nick Collins had the most INT's with 7

Mobile QB's

Vince Young had the most rushing yards with 336 on 66 attempts
McNabb and Garrad had 116 rushing yards
Romo had 56 rushing yards

Everybody else had less then 20 rushing yards except for 3 QB's they had around 50 rushing yards

99% of the QB's total attempted to run less then 20 times for the whole season

Vick had zero rushing yards
Tebow had zero rushing yards
Cutler had 6 rushing yards
Pat White 12 rushing yards

All this is with DEFAULT ROSTERS, NOTHING EDITED

My conclusion with this......mobile QB's aren't mobile and over all QB's aren't even attempting to run at all.

So I am going to edit some things and see if I can get some more mobile QB's activity.
Thanks for the info.....

That just confirms my stance that if Manning finished at 64% with his true awareness how much does lowering his awareness effect his compl % afterwards?

I'm guessing your going to turn him into a 55% QB if you take his awareness down and he was sacked 40+ times even with a high awareness imagine the outcome with a lower awareness.

Although sacks are tied into his OL aswell.....

From this thread and knowing already what the ratings are going to do I would say this approach shoudl only be applied to mobile QB's or else you run the risk of really screwing up the stats in franshise mode. IF you reduce some of the top QB's below 90 awareness espescially the Pocket QB's who depend on that rating big time i would definetly run a few test liek the one just posted to make sure their SIMMED stats aren't messed up after the edits.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #35
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
So I simmed a season, default rosters.......

QB's

Peyton Manning was sacked 41 times
Brees had the most passing yards and TD passes
Favre had the highest rating at 102.
Hassel threw the most INT's with 21
Peyton Manning and Bree's had the highest completion % with 64%
9 QB's had 60 or higher completion %

For RB's

Michael Turner had the most rushing yards with almost 1500 yards
Morento had the most TD rushes
Peterson had the highest avg with 5.4 yards a carry
about a dozen RB's averaged between 4 & 5 yards a carry
Tate and Sproles had the most fumbles with 8

WR's

Ohocochinco had the most catches 115
Colston the most TD and yards
Shilenic had the most drops with 21, he is some Raider WR

Defense

Hatten had the most sacks with 18.5
Nick Collins had the most INT's with 7

Mobile QB's

Vince Young had the most rushing yards with 336 on 66 attempts
McNabb and Garrad had 116 rushing yards
Romo had 56 rushing yards

Everybody else had less then 20 rushing yards except for 3 QB's they had around 50 rushing yards

99% of the QB's total attempted to run less then 20 times for the whole season

Vick had zero rushing yards
Tebow had zero rushing yards
Cutler had 6 rushing yards
Pat White 12 rushing yards

All this is with DEFAULT ROSTERS, NOTHING EDITED

My conclusion with this......mobile QB's aren't mobile and over all QB's aren't even attempting to run at all.

So I am going to edit some things and see if I can get some more mobile QB's activity.
Very interested in seeing the results of another simmed season after editing

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Off Season Progression for QB's

The most I ever seen was a plus 2 increase for awareness and that was only for 3 QB's. About 10 got a plus 1 increase for awareness. Everybody else stayed the same for awareness, nobody decreased.

Few QB's got a plus 1 increase in their truck rating.

No QB's got in an increase in elusiveness or agility.

Few got a plus one increase in stiff arms.

4 got a plus one increase in throwing on the run.

Other then that, no other attribute for QB's increased at all during the off season.

I was suprised QB's accuracy ratings didn't change at all.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #37
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ok with Peyton Manning awareness at 55

He gets sacked 57 times and has a completion rating of 52%. Throws for 25 TD's and 19 INT's. He ran only 7 times for 0 yards.

I put Vince Young awareness at 99, at default he is at 71

He had 346 rushing yards on 72 attempts, completion rating of 59% sacked 39 times

So obviously awareness by itself it is not going to make a scrub to a Manning, their accrucacy matters as well.

Because even though I lowered Manning's awareness down to 55, his default accrucay rating for short, medium and deep passes are all high 90s.......like 98 for each.

Where as Vince Young accrucacy rating for short, medium, and deep are in the 80s and lower by default.

Therefore I conclude there is a little bit more to it then just awareness to make a QB run. Awareness make them not force the ball yeah, but it don't make them run by itself that is for sure.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:26 AM   #38
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

There is absolutely no reason why any QB or player for that matter should be rated 99 in awareness. I have been doing rosters for many years, some years I make them available for everyone some years I don't. But in the end, the way I re-rate players, it gives me realistic stats across the board.

There is a reason why we are given the freedom of editing rosters, if there wasn't, we would not of been given that option.

I personally will not drop Peyton Manning's awareness lower than 88 in my custom rosters. Right now I have Peyton Manning's awareness set at 92 actually and I already see him playing like he does in real life. Hes not throwing passes when he is facing backwards or 50 yard bombs down field when he should of clearly been sacked.

Now I will be looking at the amount of times each QB got sacked last year and maybe the year before too. Manning was only sacked 10 times all last year, Brady was sacked 16. Out of the top QBs last year, Aaron Rodgers was sacked the most, 50 times all year but also only threw 7 Ints all year.

Getting sacked is not a bad thing by QBs. Out of the top 10 QBs in pass attempts, 7 were sacked more than 20 times. The average amount of sacks of the top 10 QBs by pass attempts was 29 last year and the average amount of sacks per game for the top 10 was 1.8 times per game.

If we can get sliders to give us 1-2 sacks per game, sometimes maybe 3, we are on the right track. QBs like Manning, Brees and Brady should not be getting sacked 3 times a game we all know that, but I think we can counter that if we really put our thinking caps on and work together as a Team.

On the other hand, we should be able to sack QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco Jay Cutler 2-3 and on rare occasions 4 times a game with the right teams.

I am going to start re-editing players tonight even though we are going to have a roster update by the start of the season. I like the players currently available in this years default roster to actually use it as my base roster. When I have it done, I will upload it for everyone to check out.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #39
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm very aware of how the ratings work and apply to the field....

MY biggest issue is you are testing it on the field but if Manning and Brady are being judged on games that are simmed you are going to have trouble with their QBA ratings in those games.

If you lower their awareness it's going to effect their comp % and TD vs INT ratios in games that are not played. That's all i'm saying to you.

I wouldn't use that approach towards Manning, Brees, Rivers and Brady because they are going to be avg QB's in your franshise mode when you observe their stats.

Now if your doing this accross the boards for the next tier group of players who you may not consider ELITE then yeah it works pretty good. The problem arises once you get into franshise mode and you don't actually play the games. Your running the risk of having those guys end up with sub par QB ratings on the year and they could very well not even make the pro bowls because of it or better yet fail to get their teams to the playoffs because of the sub par play during simulated games when the engine starts to put a heavy emphasis on awareness.
I simulated 1 year with Manning's awareness at 89 and this is what I got. All the other QBs awareness ratings were lower that Mannings.

As you can see, dropping Manning's awareness down to 89 had very little effects on his performance. Last year Manning had 33 tds 16 ints, not bad right?

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg

Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; 08-23-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:02 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ok with Peyton Manning awareness at 55

He gets sacked 57 times and has a completion rating of 52%. Throws for 25 TD's and 19 INT's. He ran only 7 times for 0 yards.

I put Vince Young awareness at 99, at default he is at 71

He had 346 rushing yards on 72 attempts, completion rating of 59% sacked 39 times

So obviously awareness by itself it is not going to make a scrub to a Manning, their accrucacy matters as well.

Because even though I lowered Manning's awareness down to 55, his default accrucay rating for short, medium and deep passes are all high 90s.......like 98 for each.

Where as Vince Young accrucacy rating for short, medium, and deep are in the 80s and lower by default.

Therefore I conclude there is a little bit more to it then just awareness to make a QB run. Awareness make them not force the ball yeah, but it don't make them run by itself that is for sure.
LOL!

read post #34 that just confirmed exactluy what i was saying way ahead of time.

It didn't turn Manning into a scrub but look at how much it effected his sacks, INT's and COMP % all things in post #34 that i knew would happen.

Been there and done that stuff i would leave Manning, Brady, Brees and Rivers alone and just focus on the mobile/other qb's if that is the goal because the minute you start messing with those guys awreness too far below 90 your going to really hurt their team in franchise mode

I would love to see Indy's record after Manning's awareness is reduced, i'm pretty sure they will become a border line playoff team and he might not even make the pro bowl with all those INT's he's going to start throwing with reduced awareness.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-23-2010 at 05:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »