Home

an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good.

This is a discussion on an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: an experiment with rosters edits....results were very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
I simulated 1 year with Manning's awareness at 89 and this is what I got. All the other QBs awareness ratings were lower that Mannings.

As you can see, dropping Manning's awareness down to 89 had very little effects on his performance. Last year Manning had 33 tds 16 ints, not bad right?
89 is borderline 90 which is good but that OP was talking about somehting way below that rating. There is a comfort zone for those guys and you have to be really careful or else they'll turn into turnover machines.

So it looks like 89 is his sweet spot based on those stats

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #42
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

@Playmaker

89 awareness has always been my cut off, not only for QBs but more most players.

I am probably going to go ahead and start my custom rosters using the default rosters tonight, I took a look at the highest rated Rookie QB from Madden generated rookies and he came in at 84 in awareness. The highest awareness rating for any rookie was 86 and he was a linebacker and his overall was 79 and the lowest awareness for any rookie was 15! Wow! that is just insane isn't it?, his overall was a 51.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg

Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; 08-23-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
89 is borderline 90 which is good but that OP was talking about somehting way below that rating. There is a comfort zone for those guys and you have to be really careful or else they'll turn into turnover machines.

So it looks like 89 is his sweet spot based on those stats
yes i was dropping it lower for games played. sim games may be a different story, but while playing the games felt much better with the rating between 50-60. ..but like i said testing still needs to be done.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #44
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

why do QB's run becuase their first or second option is not open etc. but in madden someone is always open becuase in madden the cpu has no priority when it comes to the passing game they would hit the FB all game if they had to....

if we make the cpu have a priority of who is their primary target then it will have to do a progression and from what i have seen when you tweak elusiveness they may scramble......

i am workin on the priority issue, i had games where fitzgerald had 11 catches for 189, had A johnson had 8 for 108.

its on that disc somewhere,

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #45
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah when I had Manning awareness at 55, the Colts were 9-7. On his default awareness they were 14-2.

I wish they kept the QB's how they had it in Madden 08 when they actually ran by default. Anyway back to the drawing board.

Because other then the non running QB's, the only other problem I find with the game is the high jumping line backers that bat way too many passes down. So I think going to edit the jump ratings for all the LB's.

I do love the presses by the CB's in this game though. They really knock the WR's off their stride and mess up time based routes. Which is a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ok so I was looking at the jump ratings and the jump ratings across the board is INSANE.

I see linemen with jump ratings in the high 80s, even a couple with 90 for jump rating.

Linebackers with 95 jump ratings.

CB's, SS's and FS's with 99 jump ratings.

Good lord. So scratch the change the jump rating idea, that is WAYYYYY too many players to change, because damn near everybody no mattter the position has an 80 to 99 jump rating. With 90% of the roster in the mid to high 80s in jump rating.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #47
MVP

i simmed 2 season with all scenarios: AA default sliders w/adjsted and default rosters sliders, PM sliders w/default and adjusted rosters, my sliders w/default and adjusted rosters.

there was one thing that remained constant and that was that was the horrible sack numbers.

the QB% was good, yardage was good, td's and picks were ok.

it seems like it is going to come don to what you can live with.
if i have to live with a few stats being off(the sacks are outrageous) in order to have a more human like performance from the AI then so be it.

i do think cheech's base being around 80 for elite QB's is pretty good for the big picture(franchise).

i'm not to worried about the rooks coming in. through my simmed seasons the highest Qb awareness rating on a rook was 81.

here are a few stat pics(all QB's Awareness adjusted)

PM sliders adjusted rosters:

AA with adjusted rosters

my sliders with adjusted rosters

AA with default rosters

back to the lab

edit:
pics not showing..will try to get them up shortly

Last edited by mr_president; 08-23-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #48
MVP

i simmed 2 season with all scenarios: AA default sliders w/adjsted and default rosters sliders, PM sliders w/default and adjusted rosters, my sliders w/default and adjusted rosters.

there was one thing that remained constant and that was that was the horrible sack numbers.

the QB% was good(a bit low but manageable), yardage was good, td's and picks were ok.

it seems like it is going to come don to what you can live with.
if i have to live with a few stats being off(the sacks are outrageous) in order to have a more human like performance from the AI then so be it.

i do think cheech's base being around 80 for elite QB's is pretty good for the big picture(franchise).

i'm not to worried about the rooks coming in. through my simmed seasons the highest Qb awareness rating on a rook was 81.

here are a few stat pics(all QB's Awareness adjusted)

PM sliders adjusted rosters:

My sliders adjusted rosters

AA with default rosters

AA adjusted rosters

the roster edits combined with the sliders made for some really good user cpu games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »