Home

Flaws in Madden finally admitted

This is a discussion on Flaws in Madden finally admitted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2003, 11:18 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Flaws in Madden finally admitted

First of all, it's their opinion that there's a flaw in the game. Secondly, every reiveiw of every game in history, that was written by anyone other then the game maker has always reported flaws, Madden is no different.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:51 PM   #34
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

IGN admits a flaw in Madden.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

1. How can IGN ADMIT a flaw in a game they don't develop?
2. When did IGN become the god of gaming?
3. Why is their opinion the final say for you?

I, too, can write up a review and mention a flaw in the game. One that, obviously, would be my own opinion.

That being said, I do agree that there have been DB problems in Madden. The EA guys said that and have committed themselves to fixing that. I also feel that ratings did not play enough of a role in Madden. The EA guys said that and have committed to improving that (animations depending on ratings, awareness being of more importance, etc.)

So, really, I don't understand the problem here.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mainly because you overrate Sega's football title especially on this site. The game had as many flaws as any game I played last year and was not as good as Madden. Sorry maybe this year....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

My only problem was with the ppl that claimed that the poster was lieing or ppl who read the review and found nothing negative about Madden.

If you read the review its easy to see what he was talking about. Again I'm just commmenting on the reaction by some of the posters here.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #37
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

Think for yourself choose whatever game you want.

I choose Madden, I always will. I like the gameplay, I like the new modes, and I really don't want to Play the Sims.

Drop It.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

IGN’s latest preview of Madden 2004 finally reveals flaws that have plagued Madden gameplay for years. The weaknesses that IGN appear to point out are poor play by defensive backs and inaccurate receiver abilities. Having admitted this, I can’t understand how this game continues to be rated higher than the 2K series.

"One of the main complaints throughout the history of Madden has been the inept play of the defensive backs. In past years, it didn't matter if you had Deion Sanders or Mike Rumph out there on a wideout, the game was going to be a shootout, and your cover corner was the man to get burned. Thankfully, that's no longer the case. Not only will corners and safeties make plays on balls and swat them away, defensive playmakers will pick passes, and like the real NFL, even run them back to the house and make the opposition pay for testing their skill. In this video, Aeneas Williams of the Rams makes Jeff Garcia pay with not only the INT, but with a 96-yard return for a touchdown. Finally, a defense that actually makes a difference. "

The stuff in red bold print is what the flaw was in past incarnations of Madden that IGN mentioned.

Now while it's obvious that he posted this because he likes 2kx better, I don't see how his point is so hard to understand. It's as clear as day. I think people just don't like how he put it. If the thread was called "IGN SAYS MADDEN DB AI IMPROVED!!!" then it would be a different story.

To illustrate, which one of this statements will get me a punch in the eye if I say it to my wife:

1. Honey, your face can make time stand still.

2. Girl, you have a face that could stop a clock.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah well NFL2K3's wasn't much better. All their DB's would just jump ridiculiously early and give up 6. So I'd hardly say that game was any better in that regards. And overall the game is very lacking in many other areas (the load in the pants running, the arcade lack of momentum, receivers can't catch anything, etc etc).

What is that saying, those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? Sega fans like to point out all the Madden flaws forgetting their game has something worse, fundamental gameplay flaws.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

ODogg said:
The best way to deal with trolls is to simply ignore them.

Don't they ever get tired on whining? Geeeesh. Every review that doesn't give their game a 10 is biased, and a conspiracy. LET IT GO! MOST PEOPLE DO NOT PREFER YOUR GAME OR THEY WOULD BUY IT! Just be happy that VC has made a game that you prefer and leave it at that. Does everyone like Coke? NO, but does that mean you must constantly bitch and moan about people who do? Just drink your Pespi and shut the hell up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »