Home

Most realistic/fun to play quarter time length?

This is a discussion on Most realistic/fun to play quarter time length? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Most realistic/fun to play quarter time length?

I play 12 min / 20 sec run off.

The only thing not exactly realistic is the number of carries my backup running backs get. I have a pretty realistic amount with Frank Gore, but my 2nd back only has about 30 something carries on the season.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I play 8 minutes with accelerated clock (quick play) franchise mode i do 6 minutes accelerated clock
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

15 minutes is the only fun and realistic quarter length. You have to play realistic in order for the game to flow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

For realisitc (if not fun) you have to get a total of around 120 plays per game which is the NFL average. You can get that with 7 min. qtrs with no run off or 10+ min. quaters with accelerated clock. One thing to consider is that if you use Super Sim at all it sims a realistic game length based on 10 min. quarters. Anything more or less will skew your sim stats.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold
15 minutes is the only fun and realistic quarter length. You have to play realistic in order for the game to flow.
Yeah, definitely not. I'm getting between 110 and 130 plays with 11 minutes 15 second runoff. Which reflects the NFL pretty accurately.

15 minutes is just too much for me. I don't like using 25 second runoff because sometimes I can't make pre-play adjustments. 15 minute quarters also seem to offset the balance of my slider set. The games end up being too long and the stats end up getting skewed especially in the sack department if the opposing team is behind.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

13 minutes 25 second run-off gets me realistic stats with slider adjustments. realistic number of plays. Some blowouts, some close games, low scoring and high scoring, better teams will beat worse teams more often regardless of whether or not the cpu or the user is the better team.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I played 9-minute quarters (no runoff) forever and thought it was perfect. But after soliciting advice on here, I've switched to 15-minute quarters with a 25-second runoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I play 12 min / 20 sec run off.

The only thing not exactly realistic is the number of carries my backup running backs get. I have a pretty realistic amount with Frank Gore, but my 2nd back only has about 30 something carries on the season.
I think a higher fatigue level will fix that, or some pretty high sub out like 90 or so with a sub in of about 92-95.

I also play 12 min with a 20 sec runoff, I heard it is the most realistic. I used to play 15 min with a 15 sec run-off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »