Home

I can not stop Wes Welker

This is a discussion on I can not stop Wes Welker within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I can not stop Wes Welker

It's true that it's easier to throw to slot WRs in this game.

The Pats have a ton of "Welker-specific" plays where he's either in motion or just in the slot and it's fairly easy for him to get open.

There's even one play with an out route where the route looks to be specific for Welker. The route is actually run differently than the other Outs in the game, there's a little lean in with the shoulder at the top of the break. It looks great, but of course, Out routes are borderline unstoppable against man coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
It's true that it's easier to throw to slot WRs in this game.

The Pats have a ton of "Welker-specific" plays where he's either in motion or just in the slot and it's fairly easy for him to get open.

There's even one play with an out route where the route looks to be specific for Welker. The route is actually run differently than the other Outs in the game, there's a little lean in with the shoulder at the top of the break. It looks great, but of course, Out routes are borderline unstoppable against man coverage.
Really?

Because I can't run out routes. Maybe it's because my offensive line doesn't give my QB enough time to wait for the receiver to make his out cut, lol.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Really?

Because I can't run out routes. Maybe it's because my offensive line doesn't give my QB enough time to wait for the receiver to make his out cut, lol.
Throw it just before he makes his cut. He should create some separation and break to the ball, I feel like it's almost cheap.

The out routes are different from past years where you couldn't throw the route early. The Route Based Passing people should at least be happy with the Out routes.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #28
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

He's got 97 route running, 98 acceleration and 96 agility. Considering the state of the defense and how slow they are to react its no real surprise.

Even the best man-to-man corner in the game would have a hard time trying to stop him. Your best option is to jam him at the line.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

He's okay, but not unstoppable.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

jam him. he's like what 5'7, 180 pounds?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
jam him. he's like what 5'7, 180 pounds?

I always have a one on one matchup with him bump and run...get some pass rush..get Brady out of rhythm. That is the only shot you have. My one loss thus far in my Fin offline Chise is to the Pats. I controlled Welker (9-69 1TD) if you want to call that control. But Brady made me pay up top with Moss when I would double down on Welker. he hit Moss for 2 deep streaks.....pisser!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #32
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I play Welker straight up with my defender, and let my safeties double Moss to help out Sean Smith and Vontae Davis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »