Home

Found an Interesting Article

This is a discussion on Found an Interesting Article within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Found an Interesting Article

I was searching google and I found this article. Its pretty interesting how just one week after the exclusive deal people were already upset and claiming monoply and all that. The sad part is this article basically predicted the future 99% correct.

I read the entire article and it basically said what would happen and they were correct. Madden would be higher priced, would add less features than all years less, and would start becoming stale.

This isn't an "i haTe maDDen" thread. Its just about how an article one week after the exclusive deal knew what was in store and nothing has been done to disprove the article or correct this "monoply".

Look what they said about NCAA 05. NCAA 04 was Game of the Year, then in 05, the first exclusive year no features were added. Sounds like Madden 06, the first Madden under the exclusive deal. Nothing was added to that game, the sad truth is stuff was actually removed,

Since this exclusive deal Madden has not reached the status it used to be in 05 or before. We have less features now then 6 years ago and we have more upset fans than ever before. When over 30 features have been removed since 05, something needs to be done.

We as fans and supporters of this game need to come together in an organized way and find a way to get EA to get Madden back to respectable status. Right now Madden is the laughing stock of sports game. In presentation, gameplay, graphics, features, etc. it ranks the lowest compared to MLB the Show, MLB 2k, NBA 2k, even EA's own NHL and Fifa series. Its sad how their most popular game can be their worst. We need to get Madden to where it should be by now.

http://www.sports-gaming.com/editori...fl-license.php

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-02-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Found an Interesting Article

post the link for us to see please
Mets
Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamertom
Dude.. No doubt...
Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamertom
Seriously...

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

@gamertom: Just google and you can find plenty of article saying that e.g. http://www.sports-gaming.com/editori...fl-license.php

On-topic: Don't blame EA. If you want to blame someone it's the NFL and NFLPA. They sold the exclusive license to EA, which brought this whole situation about.

The big question moving ahead is; will EA make another bid at an exclusive deal with the NFL when sales are going down? Remember, the NFL earns a lot of money on an exclusive deal regardless of how many copies EA sells. If EA cannot financially justify buying another exclusive license, then I see no other competitor (2k games) making a bid either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

lol my bad guys

And I am not blaming EA for going through on the exclusive deal. I am blaming EA for giving us a game well behind than it should be. Graphics wise, Madden is pretty good, but gameplay and features wise it is worse than last gen. When I bough Madden 05 and NFL 2k5, I thought they were both great games and each had their strengths. i couldn't wait for the next games to come, in my mind I thought they were just going to get better and better and more realistic. But the truth is, the games have gotten worse since than and are far less realistic.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
@gamertom: Just google and you can find plenty of article saying that e.g. http://www.sports-gaming.com/editori...fl-license.php

On-topic: Don't blame EA. If you want to blame someone it's the NFL and NFLPA. They sold the exclusive license to EA, which brought this whole situation about.
You're right, we don't have to blame EA for looking to make a deal, and the NFL accepting it. But we can blame EA for focusing more on having the only product on the market, instead of trying to make the best product they possibly can.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_
You're right, we don't have to blame EA for looking to make a deal, and the NFL accepting it. But we can blame EA for focusing more on having the only product on the market, instead of trying to make the best product they possibly can.
Good luck trying to get a company with a monopoly to worry more about the quality of their product than their profit
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »