Home

just got killed by the cpu thread

This is a discussion on just got killed by the cpu thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
just got killed by the cpu thread

im using pretty hard sliders and this is the first time i lost this bad
48-7
before this my worst loss was 21-48
but this time i threw pics and i did a poor job on D
i went for this pick every play for some reason and i usually go for the tip THEN the pic ...
i had jay cutler injured in the first qt and he was out until the fourth! WTF
so i had Todd Collins come in (CAP) and he just threw pic after pic
okay maybe i threw pic after pic but HE kept under throwing!
i so far have lost to the cowpokes and the giants! in my franchise
so i just wanted to know what your guys worst game was and if you have not which i highly doubt tell us please!
also dont come in here and say Well the worst loss i got ... OH WAIT! i never lost because i am so good hahaha
not funny!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: just got killed by the cpu thread

Yeah in Madden 10 once in my Bills franchise I was losing to the Jets 38-0 at half time. It went quick Sanchez TD throw, fumble, Jones TD run, interception, Sanchez TD throw, punt, Jones TD run, interception for TD, then a punt and a field goal as half time expired.

Then I lost 41-0. This was with tough sliders in which I went 6-10 the first year with the real '09 Bills, then I got a franchise rookie QB in A.J. Cleary, and went 10-6, but then struggled the next year with a 7-9 record in Cleary's sophomore slump.

But that game kind of felt a little cheap maybe, but I didn't complain much. I was just in awe of how dominant the CPU was. In the first 5 minutes, I was down 21-0.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Yeah in Madden 10 once in my Bills franchise I was losing to the Jets 38-0 at half time. It went quick Sanchez TD throw, fumble, Jones TD run, interception, Sanchez TD throw, punt, Jones TD run, interception for TD, then a punt and a field goal as half time expired.

Then I lost 41-0. This was with tough sliders in which I went 6-10 the first year with the real '09 Bills, then I got a franchise rookie QB in A.J. Cleary, and went 10-6, but then struggled the next year with a 7-9 record in Cleary's sophomore slump.

But that game kind of felt a little cheap maybe, but I didn't complain much. I was just in awe of how dominant the CPU was. In the first 5 minutes, I was down 21-0.
Yea that's what happened to me ... there DT returned a lame-duck but me and from there my team just said " screw it who cares!"
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Well I can kill peyton manning but matt hasselbach killed me. I lost 45 to 17.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Well I can kill peyton manning but matt hasselback killed me. I lost 45 to 17.
i dont struggle against peyton manning either and the only teams i struggle against are ones that have backs that can really take over and DEs that can get to the QB in a heart beat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

The worst loss I had was against the Chargers, I lost 49-7. Phillip Rivers is practically the sherrif in my AFC West division and he always finds a way to whoop my Bronco ***. I always end up overthinking when I play against him too because for some reason this guy intimidates me. And to be completely honest...I don't think my sliders were that great during the loss either
Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
Banned

i dont know about you guys but the cpu scored 38 points on me in the first half and they didnt do much after but that is what happens every game the CPU plays so much stronger in the first half than the second
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Last year in my Seahawks franchise I suffered many humiliating defeats at the hands of the CPU. It was great. Of course I whipped the CPU's hiney a few times as well. I actually enjoyed last year's game a lot. Looking forward to this years. I wasn't going to buy it because they didn't do much for offline, but I was able to get it brand new under $45.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »