Home

Stopping the WR Crossing Routes

This is a discussion on Stopping the WR Crossing Routes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stopping the WR Crossing Routes

So because speed seems to play such a big part in this seasons game in both franchises I am in all the owners try everything that do to get speed WR and speed Corners. But not everyone can have those speed D corners.

What kind of defenses can help stop people who use there speed WR and run non stop crossing routes?

All I see every game is people going 4 wide so you have to one on one everyone and they run crossing routes all day.

Anyone got advice how to stop that? Cause the speed WR is killing me every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Lightbulb Re: Stopping the WR Crossing Routes

It depends what kind of crossing routes you are talking about.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Stopping the WR Crossing Routes

cover 1 is your friend. you user mlb or fs (for speed) and take which ever route you feel would be the weakest (i.e. dwight lowery on andre johnson)
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Rookie

also, make sure you match your corners with the number of wideouts in the offensive set. A LB sticking a WR will always result in disaster
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Leave that franchise? Or use a lot of middle of the coverage zones. Or manually drop a linebacker into coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikkan
cover 1 is your friend. you user mlb or fs (for speed) and take which ever route you feel would be the weakest (i.e. dwight lowery on andre johnson)
Yea cover 1 or Robber Coverage is the best bet.
I usually just use Robber and Control the FS and go in the middle of the field, you can pick it easily if you know its coming.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Robber and hook zones. One thing you can do to try and fool the offense is show blitz then drop the LBs back in coverage.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Crossing patterns w/ spd WR will burn you everytime unless you have DB speed... The drag routes are the worst. You can stop it, but for the most part either both or one DB gets pick and leaves someone wide open... if you are in man... Zone coverage feels broken this yr and is hard to really stop anything. I think it may be the planting of the feet or just out run your DB... Madden has always been about spd, but this yr LB with really good awareness will take a good angle or know what is coming when you try to throw to your RB, that is something I really like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »