Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

the only problem I had with nba 2k11 is the fact it's basketball and I have no interest in the sport, but I have to say the video game is close to the real thing, it's almost like watching it on tv only better
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 17

The sad part is, I'm not even a presentational freak. If a game has awesome gameplay, I can enjoy it. Honestly, if Madden's presentation were as good as 2K's, I still wouldn't buy it, because the game itself is still terrible. 2K and the Show kill it in every area, awesome games to play, awesome games to appreciate the feel of their sports, as well. Madden's presentation sucks, and Madden's gameplay sucks. Both games mentioned outright embarrass Madden in every way, there isn't one thing Madden does better than them, or even as well as them. They can't even capture simple, common play that you see every Sunday. It plays and looks nothing like real football.

I still remember when Madden 10 came out, and the devs were on here talking about how they learned so much from the Show and all of that, then when Madden 10 is finally released it's a collective sigh from everybody. Like I said, I don't know if it's lack of effort or what not, but these guys obviously aren't pushing next-gen to the limits it can reach. Madden looks and plays like a lackluster game, like there isn't anything special about it. The other sports game on this gen have taken the next step. I'm done waiting for Madden to. Until they revamp the whole thing, implement new technology (and actually DO THIS, not say you did it, but then put out a game that still plays the exact same), I won't buy a Madden title.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #75
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

perfect example of EA just tripping:

I'm reading a certain video game magazine(don't know if I can name drop it here),and Ian Cummings says they didn't touch online/offline franchise because:
1)nobody really touched online franchise last year
2)people don't play multiple seasons of offline franchise,very few people actually do.
This was based off stats....I'm laughing..wondering who did they "poll" or what "telemetry" they used.

Imagine how many people would play online/offline franchise with the type of presentation 2k has for the bball game,or even 2k5 for that matter. While they give us modes most people don't care to use(OTP,Superstar),they should upgrade the mode they neglect the most,that obviously judging by the masses of my OS brothren,people care about and want to see improved....DESPERATELY!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 02:57 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 25
Icon8 Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

the state of Madden is seriously depressing to me right now

it's downright bleak

we as the players, do everything we can to keep ourselves interested in our Franchises.. but what does Madden do to help us? to immerse us in the experience?

absolutely nothing

not even the rookies or drafted people mean anything anymore because they're all robotic and you can substitude MLB-yr2-1st round with MLB-yr3-3rd round with MLB-yr4-6th round

all of whom are the same killer MLB...

it's all generic, no immersion, nothing..
miss that killer RB one year? no sweat
guarantee you another killer RB will be out the next year

........then we get to the games, does madden keep track at all of how our franchises go? besides statistics..

not one bit, there's no weaving of how the season is going.. THERE IS NO IMMERSION WHATSOEVER...

here, in NBA2K11, in your franchise, you can go to your teams' "homepage" and check it out

see that? nevermind the stats which they track as well but there are actual STORYLINES that build upon how your season is going.. hell they even made note of how my beloved Knicks' losing streak has now hit 9 games!

and the kicker? every game you play... THEY MENTION IT DURING THE GAME! THEY WEAVE IT DURING THE HALFTIME REPORT!

....nevermind gameplay which nba2k11 rocks at as well.. it's how they tie everything together and present it to you, the user that has absolutely outclasses Madden in my eyes

I'm so honestly disgusted with Madden right now I haven't touched it once since nba2k11 came out.. the only time I even fired it up was to get my coach mode sliders someone requested and even that was a chore

EA has to seriously step their game up

but we all it ain't gonna happen, they will sell as they always do because they the only game in town

sad but true
Old 10-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #77
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
I'm reading a certain video game magazine(don't know if I can name drop it here),and Ian Cummings says they didn't touch online/offline franchise because:
2)people don't play multiple seasons of offline franchise,very few people actually do.
This was based off stats....I'm laughing..wondering who did they "poll" or what "telemetry" they used.
just proves how much 'community feedback' they actually implement, what a crock. 2k and NM both have consistent dev interaction on their forums working with the fans to improve the game. ea seems to just blow that concept off and work more with the marketing team to create a new gimmick to breathe just enough life into this dead series to churn out a few more sales next year.

i have 0 interest in basketball at all but the more video i watch, and reviews i read makes me really want to get into the sport. half our online franchise community is already gone to 2k11 and since shelved madden. i ask em what they think and they can't even put into words how truly amazing the game is.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
perfect example of EA just tripping:

Imagine how many people would play online/offline franchise with the type of presentation 2k has for the bball game,or even 2k5 for that matter. While they give us modes most people don't care to use(OTP,Superstar),they should upgrade the mode they neglect the most,that obviously judging by the masses of my OS brothren,people care about and want to see improved....DESPERATELY!!
what annoys me by that comment is the meaning behind it

"no one plays franchise mode anyways" but coming from his mouth simply means, why bother working on franchise mode when no one plays it?!

....it shows their perspective on things instead of seeing what it is

there's nothing in Madden that keeps us wanting more! to come back to it and play it and immerse ourselves in the experience

seriously, that's a very condemning statement by Ian.. "2)people don't play multiple seasons of offline franchise,very few people actually do."

highly annoying and disconcerting to see what EA thinks of the Madden franchise.. screw you gamers, why bother working on franchise mode no one plays it anyways! ..there's a reason for that and they don't seem to get it

but again, they are THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN so you know people will buy it

sad but true
Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #79
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

The presentation and overall attention to detail in 2K11 is the sole reason why I have not touched Madden in two weeks. I don't even really watch the NBA, as the NFL is hands down my favorite sport... but 2K's presentation is so good that it just completely sucks me in. It's easily my sports game of the year, and the Madden devs need to take some VERY detailed notes.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #80
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Well, I'll have to disagree when it comes to playing the actual game. It does need much work but I find myself playing both faithfully. First time in years I've actually played multiple franchises and dynasties.

Presentation on the other hand, I most definitely agree with you guys there. We're what, 6 iterations in on this generation of consoles now?

What do you guys actually think the problem is though? Do they not have the technical expertise to pull it off, dont care about it, not much creativity, what? I'm thinking by now they should have something going on, especially NCAA.

I say NCAA because if I'm not mistaken its been the same guys this whole 6 years correct? Didn't really have a personnel shake up like Madden had when Ian took over. I could be wrong but I dont think they had that shake up. What do we get this year? A PAUSE menu at halftime??!! Seriously?! Thats just unsat, I cant bite my tongue anymore on this.

I just cant believe that they dont notice this, these guys aren't living in a bubble. They have to see what other sports titles are doing, they have to.

It seems the company throws money around for no reason at all. I'm referring to them getting the ESPN rights or what have you. Then what? 6 years in we finally get what, an ESPN wipe in between plays ????? Seriously guys? I think you can do way better than that. I wont say I think, I know you all can do better than that.....right?

I dont know how the whole sponsor/advertisement thing works, but if they had to shell out money for that reese cup addition they could've saved a substantial amount of money (that is if they paid for that. Like I say, I'm not aware of how that works).

Why not create your own EA network and use that? They could utilize what they have in game and it would do just fine. If you guys notice, look at the bill boards during one of your games. You'll see, modemo coffee, fruit star, orieon surf gear, knobby tires, and many more. Now I'm assuming that those are fictitious companies that were made up correct?

Instead of having every single game sponsored by reeses, why not use whats already there, make up a catch phrase for the company, and utilize those adds. That would bring variety every game. Each game could be sponsored by one or two of those fictitious companies. Who would you have to pay for that, no one, Its your own creation. Its already in the game, on billboards, USE it.

Just to throw something else out there, why not get creative and anytime I pause the game, that would be a commercial break. When you hit pause, the commentator will state "We'll be back after these words from our sponsors" then a modemo coffee slogan pops up or something.

They really need to step up their presentation. They are way behind the power curve, and I dont want to believe that they dont know this.
I had to repost this one guys, doesn't seem like anyone actually read this one. Specifically the 3rd paragraph. You guys are kinda straying off topic or better yet just ranting now about why you like playing 2k11 and shelving Madden.

Question again. What do you think the problem in the dev house is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »