Home

A Workaround for Recent Gameplanning Problem

This is a discussion on A Workaround for Recent Gameplanning Problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #57
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: A Workaround for Recent Gameplanning Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
What has changed since the patch?

Before the patch, you could set your controller to the CPU team, select their gameplans, then switch back to your User team, select your gameplans and all was good (As long as you never switch back to the CPU team, don't even check to see if the proper gameplan is loaded).

Does this no longer work?
It does work i have walked some non believer thru it. they all seem to be doing some crazy wrong thing in picking the gameplans they either do everything then they go back and check it?? why do that just cancels everythng yu didi just pick everythng frist for the cpu etc then back out and pick yours then acceptt?? it still works BUT ONLY FOR THE XBOX 360 I noticed alot are referrng to both systems I am onl y talkng aobut the 360s issue afteer the patchh it does work i guess some are afraid to hlp me walk them thur it they dont believe it stil works??? but oh well continue to play wiht wahtever messed up gameplan they are sticing you with . i use gamwflow and conventional doesnt matter to me since i manually call my plays anyway.

f2e8b115-3c39-4f89-9b1e-ca4ddba6199e
Old 10-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know exactly what you are talking about, and yes, it used to work that way, but it is no longer working post 1.03 patch. I can't speak for Xbox users, but I do know it's not working for PS3 users. Perhaps it's not much of a problem for Xbox? Either that, or I would have to conclude that you're not using the 1.03 patch??

Have you tried testing this out using a single play gameplan such as fullback dive (a single play for all situations)? This is how I initially became convinced of the problem. It is simply broken!

Edit: Perhaps the problem was caused by one of the roster updates? Which roster update are you using?? This is me grasping at straws trying to figure out why it's working for you and no one else. Weird stuff! Lol

Last edited by zadokguy; 10-20-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #59
MVP

zeroice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
I know exactly what you are talking about, and yes, it used to work that way, but it is no longer working post 1.03 patch. I can't speak for Xbox users, but I do know it's not working for PS3 users. Perhaps it's not much of a problem for Xbox? Either that, or I would have to conclude that you're not using the 1.03 patch??

Have you tried testing this out using a single play gameplan such as fullback dive (a single play for all situations)? This is how I initially became convinced of the problem. It is simply broken!

Edit: Perhaps the problem was caused by one of the roster updates? Which roster update are you using?? This is me grasping at straws trying to figure out why it's working for you and no one else. Weird stuff! Lol
CORRECT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR PS3 i haVE BOTH SYSTEMS LOL now thats clarification lol

f2e8b115-3c39-4f89-9b1e-ca4ddba6199e
Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #60
Rookie

Hmmm.... wonder if it's an isolated PS3 patch problem? I don't have an Xbox system, but now I am wishing I had gone with Xbox. At least I know that I am not crazy. Lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #61
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

I know for a fact this is not working for the XBOX 360. I have tried different ways to get it to work without the work around and it "does not" work.

I have removed the patches because I have a good set of sliders and settings to make the game play like I wanted to play. The reason I don't care about patches is because I believe EA just adjusts the default settings for sliders. I give you an example of what I think is done.

If you have sliders at 50 all the way around, with the patches they have put out, they raised the default setting for say Defense to 75 to make it play tighter. That is what I believe is being done. This of course affects online playing the most because you can't adjust slider settings online, but offline users can of course regulate this even more.

Now there is nothing wrong with what EA is doing because that is what we could do with the sliders ourselves. Anyone can get the sliders to work for them as long as they take the time to work on them. If I want the cpu to be more effective running the ball, I raise Broken Tackles and Run Blocking sliders up more while also dropping the Reaction, Block Shedding and Tackling sliders down until I get the results I want.

Now there are probably 50 or more different combination of slider sets that will play just the same or similar to other ones, that is why I don't ever say this person's sliders are better than this other person's sliders.

Remember this also, adjusting one slider could affect another or others too. When fooling around with sliders, do small changes first. Even 1 click left or right could have a noticeable effect on the game.

So yes, I do play without the patches and I am having great games because Gameplanning "DOES NOT" work they way it worked before this last patch and I am ok with it.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #62
Rookie

Thanks Cheechdog for the clarification on the Xbox situation. I had originally thought that it was a problem with both systems, but like I said, I only have access to PS3. So it looks like it's still broken for everyone.

What I can't figure out is how it's working for Zeroice and no one else. I was starting to think that perhaps it might be connected to a roster update, but that just doesn't sound right to me. He must be using a pre-1.03 patch.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #63
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
Thanks Cheechdog for the clarification on the Xbox situation. I had originally thought that it was a problem with both systems, but like I said, I only have access to PS3. So it looks like it's still broken for everyone.

What I can't figure out is how it's working for Zeroice and no one else. I was starting to think that perhaps it might be connected to a roster update, but that just doesn't sound right to me. He must be using a pre-1.03 patch.

I believe that he is actually using 1.03 patch, but he doesn't realize that the gameplan is not being used. What I think he is seeing is the gameplans come up when you switch to both teams, but he doesn't realize they aren't actually being used by the cpu.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #64
MVP

zeroice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
I believe that he is actually using 1.03 patch, but he doesn't realize that the gameplan is not being used. What I think he is seeing is the gameplans come up when you switch to both teams, but he doesn't realize they aren't actually being used by the cpu.
Its not the post patchi have the current patch
for example i can pick the raideers and sue the pissburghgameplan i have created fo rthe ofense and defense and they do use the gameplans i use becasue i specificaally have ewrtain plays in certian situations i use. so i know its using the gameplan and not a defualt raiders one its using the pittsburgh gameplan i sued to test hs thing maybe its somethng im doing that no one esle but the ones i have wlked thru for i. maybe its how youo created yourgameplan i dnt know but i do know for a fact it is using the gameplan i created if not it would be usng the defualt radiers plan or the default lan for that tem and not the gameplan i creatd?? and i do have all th current patches not using the old patch i have never deleted a new patch to go back to a older one so thats not it.. i thnk i need to wlk some of these 360 users thru it?? it oesa work for me and a few others ??? i dont know why yours doesnt?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »