Home

career ending injury

This is a discussion on career ending injury within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: career ending injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBallocaust
The last time i saw that was when madden did that radio show in franchise, i think it was madden 07 but i heard that guy say "terrible news today with injuries, one might force a player to never play again." it wasnt on my team so i go to lokk and it was ....CHAD JOHNSON lol. I dont think you can get it by playing a game. Ive seen it 3 times in total and all 3 times was on simulation.

Yeah, funny thing.

Playing M10, divisional playoffs against Philly in my 2nd year. CJ catches a streak route 15 yds deep and gets taken down from behind. He gets carried off on the stretcher. I'm thinking, "Oh great, he's out the rest of the playoffs".

Yeah, career ender. Fractured Vertabre. A 97 OVR, my top player, young stud at 24. Out forever. Now I'm left with a rookie from last years draft, who is a 81 OVR, as my #1 receiver.

Changes my whole offensive strategy for the next few years. No more deep run 'n' gun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #26
Rookie

its sux when it happens to your star player but at the same time it adds a little more excitement to franchise don't you think.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
EA needs to add more injury specific cut scenes. If the guy is hit in the neck and goes down, it should take longer (with a choice to skip the cut scene), and show the players holding hands and on their knees hoping its not serious. Then show him being carted off in a neck brace or something. Same thing for broken legs, arms, etc. They don't just get up and limp off the field if their leg is broke. They go on a cart...I believe they should show this...maybe have an air cast on their leg. There is so much more they can do with injuries, because right now, its like "oh look another injury...click x...next play." I try to have more of an emotional connection with my players, so if Romo is hit hard in his back, and goes down and is not moving, I want to see the crowd quiet, players on their knees, announcers talking about the severity of the hit, showing the replay, etc. The game pretty much stops in real life for a serious injury...on the games, they just get hurt, pushed off the field and on to the next play. I prefer simulation over trying to finish a full game in 30 minutes.
Quoted for Truth. I wish an EA guy would come back to this site. There are so many things that could make the game so much better. A little thing like cut scene variety would add so much to the feel of the game. It sucks seeing a guy go down grimacing in pain, only to have the wind knocked out of him - then to see the same animation play out for a guy who has a dislocated elbow and is out for 8 weeks. I love Madden and am still addicted to the franchise mode, but little tweaks like this would make so much difference.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Rookie

yea its the little things that make a difference. look at nba 2k11
Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
its sux when it happens to your star player but at the same time it adds a little more excitement to franchise don't you think.
I agree, and I wish we had more Madden players retiring due to injury, especially in the off-season. Every year a few guys hang it up because of the many broken bones, surgeries, and rehabilitations they've been through.

O-linemen in Madden shouldn't all last until they're 38. Some should be 31 and decide that they've had enough of the broken fingers and torn ACLs. Guys who end the year on IR should have some chance to decide (even if the injury was not a broken vertebrae or whatever) to not risk another injury.

I'd also like to see certain types of injury recur. Concussions, ankle sprains, and ligament tears seem particularly likely to keep happening to the same guys.

In general, franchise rosters don't have enough turnover, and I think the injury system we've had for so long plays a big role in that.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
U caused a career ending injury during play. how did the cut scene look like? i don't want to sound demented or anything but they should have a special cut scene for that rare occasion. also they should add cut scenes of small after the play scuffles

I had Brandon Lloyd get a career ender he caught a pass over the middle and did that animation where he get hit from the back in the air. But he was just carted off waving to the fans so no no special cut scene just the cut scene that lets u know its gonna be out a while. He had fractured vertebrae too
Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Using the Lions for my off line dynasty....in 5th year and Javid Best just suffered a career ending injury, after leading the league in rushing the year before, talk about a blow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Knowshon Moreno, career ending broken vertabrae in fourth year of Bronco's franchise, no cut scene at all. Solid player, 92ovr, avg 4 yd per carry and pretty good reciever as well. Kept him in on 3rd and short, play action as a decoy. He was gassed, should have benched him but I didn't and I payed for it.
Same season, was playing Colts. Peyton Manning was supposed to be out for season with a severe concussion. Got lit up on first drive of game, checked Colts passing stats and there's Manning with injury icon behind his image 10 for 12, 73 yds???????? Pretty good numbers for a guy who's sittin at home. Restart game, Colts start Pennington this time, depth chart shows Manning on IR with severe concussion. Some kind of glitch I guess, has'nt happened since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »