Home

Madden 12 and NBA Elite 11

This is a discussion on Madden 12 and NBA Elite 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Should EA pull an NBA Elite with Madden 12?
Yes, it would be better for consumers and EA. 17 40.48%
Maybe. It might work, but also has the potential to be a failure. 12 28.57%
No, a rebuilt Madden 13 would not top an improved Madden 12. 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Madden 12 and NBA Elite 11

Now, I know this years Madden was better than all other Maddens this generation, but that really isn't saying a bunch. There is still the funny looking player models, bland franchise mode, funky sim stats, horrible defense, etc. But the game definitely improved from Madden 10.

But the improvements aren't big enough. I know EA said they rushed out Madden 06 and in doing so, sort of hurt themselves in the long run and that is why the game is where its at. So, I thought of an idea. It probably isn't as easy as I think, nor is it probably likely to happen ever under the license deal.

But what if Madden 12 pulled an NBA Elite and did not release, and was rebuilt so it would be a better game. I think it would be a good move. EA could update the Madden 11 rosters like they are with NBA Live 10 and they could build us a better game.

Sure, it wouldn't just take two years to make the greatest game ever, but EA could get a lot stronger foundation than they have now and could potentially nail gameplay down better and focus on features more in the later titles.

Would you like EA to not release a Madden 12 and instead rebuild the game for Madden 13 and just update Madden 11? Or do you think they wouldn't gain much ground and are better of releasing Madden 12?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 12 and NBA Elite 11

nah, I don't like it.

this year's madden would have been pretty nice if if they didn't suddenly choose to **** the gameplanning system with a rake in the latest patch.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

nah, they have to release especially with complete market share on the nfl produc.

also their deal is running out i think it would be a major loss.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Now, I know this years Madden was better than all other Maddens this generation, but that really isn't saying a bunch. There is still the funny looking player models, bland franchise mode, funky sim stats, horrible defense, etc. But the game definitely improved from Madden 10.

But the improvements aren't big enough. I know EA said they rushed out Madden 06 and in doing so, sort of hurt themselves in the long run and that is why the game is where its at. So, I thought of an idea. It probably isn't as easy as I think, nor is it probably likely to happen ever under the license deal.

But what if Madden 12 pulled an NBA Elite and did not release, and was rebuilt so it would be a better game. I think it would be a good move. EA could update the Madden 11 rosters like they are with NBA Live 10 and they could build us a better game.

Sure, it wouldn't just take two years to make the greatest game ever, but EA could get a lot stronger foundation than they have now and could potentially nail gameplay down better and focus on features more in the later titles.

Would you like EA to not release a Madden 12 and instead rebuild the game for Madden 13 and just update Madden 11? Or do you think they wouldn't gain much ground and are better of releasing Madden 12?

Madden 11 is a very solid game of football. I dont talk about franchise mode because i do not play franchise mode. I play season mode only which is just one year of franchise mode. I play every game in the nfl schedule which is over 300 games therefore I am usually done around new madden time.

All I care about is gameplay and I feel that madden 11 is a very good sim game. I know it has quirks which I want fix but none are to the point of me not playing the game every year.

Madden is a cash cow. It will never ever ever ever not release in August. You only take a year off if the game is a failure nationwide and not in a small percentage of people.

Nba Elite is a failure therefore you see the year being taken off.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The license prevents Madden from skipping a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The license prevents Madden from skipping a year.
Yet, based on the game we see coming out every year seems like the devs occasionally take a year off.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiq Skills
Yet, based on the game we see coming out every year seems like the devs occasionally take a year off.
Troll somewhere else. It's these comments which cause the discussion to go the wrong way.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

I think they should have a Madden 12, because I think it will have a great franchise mode, which really is already something they are starting over, so it's not something they will need to redo, if they make it perfect this time around. But, if they were to skip a Madden, this would be the perfect year to skip one, with the lockout and less hype to the NFL season next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »