Home

Santa Claus in September

This is a discussion on Santa Claus in September within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Santa Claus in September

I just had to start a new franchise because my old XBOX got the RROD and in the first 4 weeks of the Season is Santa in the crowd. I know it used to happen for the holiday game, but in the first month of the season. My only other thinking is that in real life its close to Christmas, but that shouldn't effect a franchise game in September

Don't get me wrong, I like how they added that this year, but not in September it ruins the presentation

Last edited by jmurphy31; 11-28-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Santa Claus in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I just had to start a new franchise because my old XBOX got the RROD and in the first 4 weeks of the Season is Santa in the crowd. I know it used to happen for the holiday game, but in the first month of the season. My only other thinking is that in real life its close to Christmas, but that shouldn't effect a franchise game in September

Don't get me wrong, I like how they added that this year, but not in September

LOL I had the same thing happen to me today. I started a new chise as the Raiders...and then so far once every single week (currently at Week 11) I have seen Santa.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

OVR: 3

same here i get it every single game with my chiefs franchise
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

me too, but it must be just the time of year because I'm in year 3 and I only started seeing him this past weekend
Old 11-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

See, it's things like this that get me. It's an indictment on EA's, and Tiburon's, attitude towards the development of this game. Many of their additions are half-finished and flawed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
me too, but it must be just the time of year because I'm in year 3 and I only started seeing him this past weekend
Is it because it is currently Thanksgiving? I know in the play now mode, it has the Holiday theme, which shows Santa. Kind of funny, but odd.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

If they're able to keep the Breast Cancer Awareness stuff to just October in franchise, you'd think they'd be able to keep Santa to just December in Franchise.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

The Santa sighting isn't because of live weather... the dates in your chise never change and neither does weather (if it rains week 3 in your chise, it will always rain in week 3 no matter how many times you restart) and live weather doesn't work for franchise anyway... it's also not due to this being the holiday season. You could have seen Santa in August for anyone paying attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »