Home

Progression needs to be pre-determined, But...

This is a discussion on Progression needs to be pre-determined, But... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Progression needs to be pre-determined, But...

My idea brings out the unpredictableness of the NFL. Miles Austin wasn't a 90 overall player in the default roster of Madden 10, he was actually like a 50 something if I recall. Nobody knew how good he was until he got a chance to play off the bench. Where did he even get that 50 overall anyway, what justification?

For Franchise mode, the ratings should be altered and it should be randomized for the COMPUTER TEAMS. Why? Because the COMPUTER doesn't take a 50 overall player and turn him into a 90 like we would do. Matt Leinart can very well be an 85 overall on the Houston Texans, sitting on the bench behind Matt Schaub on the depth chart, but we wont know because he hasn't been given a chance to play. In Franchise, it should be the same. We all know Leinart should be a 68 overall because of how he played previously with the Cardinals, but we don't know what he is on the Texans or this year.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
My idea brings out the unpredictableness of the NFL. Miles Austin wasn't a 90 overall player in the default roster of Madden 10, he was actually like a 50 something if I recall. Nobody knew how good he was until he got a chance to play off the bench. Where did he even get that 50 overall anyway, what justification?

For Franchise mode, the ratings should be altered and it should be randomized for the COMPUTER TEAMS. Why? Because the COMPUTER doesn't take a 50 overall player and turn him into a 90 like we would do. Matt Leinart can very well be an 85 overall on the Houston Texans, sitting on the bench behind Matt Schaub on the depth chart, but we wont know because he hasn't been given a chance to play. In Franchise, it should be the same. We all know Leinart should be a 68 overall because of how he played previously with the Cardinals, but we don't know what he is on the Texans or this year.
very true man

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

haha everything is possible/....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This is terrible. No other way to say it.
Quoted for truth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »