Home

Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
Just ordered a copy from Amazon.com for 4 bucks - Can't wait to play it again. I never thought I would be so excited for Madden 08. I looked at a ton of videos and you are correct, the gameplay looks very nice.

Is there any tools out there, like the Flying Finn editor that can open up the game so we can get photos of the players (ie Vinny Testaverde). I know he is not on the default roster, but he is on the disc.
I never played the 360 version of Madden 08, but the ps3 version is terrible. It plays at a much lower fps rate than any other version and turnovers happen about 10x more than they should. Also, as others have mentioned the modes are really, really watered down. This game on that system is one of the worst versions in the 20 year history of the franchise.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Madden 08 had double hit tackles.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

how are we gonna get the update? the usuall way or what?

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
MVP

After watching that video, I truly believe Madden is heading in the wrong direction and the game is truly worse off now.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

why is there an update for M08???

what is this doing???
Old 12-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
MVP

Updating the rosters I guess. But, dammit I went out and bought Madden 08 for like 2 bucks and just realized the rosters aren't out yet.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

I bought my copy off of Amazon. After playing Madden 10 and 11, Madden 08 has a way better feel. I do not know why, I remember I despised this game. The gameplay mechanics are definately superior- David Ortiz and his staff was going in the right direction. However, the game has many flaws like Franchise - but if the new updated roster comes out, I think I can enjoy this game with house rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
After watching that video, I truly believe Madden is heading in the wrong direction and the game is truly worse off now.
Really? I think M08 is the worst football game I've personally played. I can't say that I watched a lot of the video, but I was quickly reminded of the things I didn't like i.e. bad animations.

You could argue that the animations aren't great now and I wouldn't argue with that. But they're superior to what's shown in this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
I bought my copy off of Amazon. After playing Madden 10 and 11, Madden 08 has a way better feel. I do not know why, I remember I despised this game. The gameplay mechanics are definately superior- David Ortiz and his staff was going in the right direction. However, the game has many flaws like Franchise - but if the new updated roster comes out, I think I can enjoy this game with house rules.
The gameplay mechanics in M08 are superior to M11? Never thought I'd read that. I thought EVERYONE hated that game LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »