Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #73
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I still don't see anyone mentioning any fundamental changes in the game engine or bug fixes that typically justify a "patch". This sounds more like one of the tuner sets from NCAA or NHL than an actual patch.

If that's true, then there's no reason for an offline franchise mode player such as myself to download the update and ruin a perfectly good slider set.

Am I missing something here? Was any actual defect fixed with update #5 such as Gameplanning, Intro Cutscenes, etc?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I still don't see anyone mentioning any fundamental changes in the game engine or bug fixes that typically justify a "patch". This sounds more like one of the tuner sets from NCAA or NHL than an actual patch.

If that's true, then there's no reason for an offline franchise mode player such as myself to download the update and ruin a perfectly good slider set.

Am I missing something here? Was any actual defect fixed with update #5 such as Gameplanning, Intro Cutscenes, etc?
Nope, it was just a small tune up.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

simply put, no

all this patch was just a minor gameplay fix that was primairily benificial to user v user or online gamers, im primairily an offline gamer, so these improvements haven't swayed me one way or another, i still enjoy playing this game...until just now, just finished my superbowl run against the colts with my 9ers, went to save a blocked feildgoal and it froze on me, darnit!!!
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #76
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I don't understand why you call it All-Pro with PM's sliders when his is 13-13-10-14 and All-Pro default is 10-10-10-10. I would call PM's sliders Custom settings--and he does too.
Holy crap...excuse me.

Playmakers custom sliders.

Sorry to dis the brand. LOL.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #77
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I only got to play 1 game so far, Eagles(me) vs Cowboys(AI)I won 24-13. I played on My Skill and 7 min. quarters with 15 sec. run off. The running game was tougher for me, McCoy had 18 att for 78 yds. Felix Jones broke a 71 yd run but otherwise was held in check. I thought the passing for me was a lot easier, guys were more wide open then normal. Like I said, this was only 1 game. PS I did see more gang tackling!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
do you watch the NFL?

Arizona 43-13 over Denver

New England 36-7 over Chicago

And thats just this week.
Ohhh Sorry. I meant you do not see crazy beatings in most games like NCAA football

Sure you get some blow outs but how many times have the bears been blown out.

Point is that sim does not mean winning 98% of the time

If you want to tell me you are a .500 team on all pro then you are just one in a million of average madden players.

Is hard to lose even trying on all pro. Is been horrible for ever on Madden.

I hate it
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
First game post patch I beat the Packers 58-41. Aaron Rodgers was 19-36 545 yds 5 td 2 int. my qb Mike Vick was 24-38 333 yds 3 td 0 int and I didn't see much difference in the running game. I thought this was supposed to help defense?

I'm playiing on All-Pro with slight increases in hum difficulty to passing, rush def, and pass def. CPU sliders on default.

Well I am being told that on All Pro you get a good sim experience.

545 yards for AR and 333 for Vick in one game seems more like unsim
Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The Dolphins are overrated in this game their overall in my chise is 85.
I am 7-5-1 with the Dolphins.

Your making assumptions.

Assumptions. You said I whooped the Bills...Like is suppose to be

Since when can the Dolphins say they should whoop anybody.

Ohh that is right. Only in All Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »