Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcola
I'm actually starting to warm to this process. I have been stuck on pro for so long almost blindly (granted I play with the Rams), but there are too many unrealistic thrashings. When I use the Eagles on pro with custom sliders, the CPU doesn't stand a chance.
Exactly. I fully admit that All Madden lends to the cpu players playing more aggresive and a bit over the top of their ratings.

But sliders helps that a lot. It seems that sliders only really take affect on All Madden.

On All pro the cpu is just brainless and regardless of tweaks, they just cant compete.

I use to win 35-10 41-21 and always scored in the 30's or 40's regarless of the team I used.

I wish All Pro was better. but it is not and has never been.

I just think people prefer it because all madden is hyper in terms of awarness. But is more controllable with sldiers then anything All Pro offers.

But if people think is a sim experience on all pro/ then enjoy the game, is what is important.

For me, i cant play a season winning 98% of games and being top 5 in all major categories.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any impressions on Play Action, Option Read, and PA Read plays?

Specifically, does Madden now have the PA insta-sack issue that NCAA had?

played one of my offline franchise games(eagles)

steelers were in town, and they mean business lol, woodly and harrisson were in vicks face all game, BUT....

Zone read runs-
had to get used to "handing off" and "keeping" dude to the improved reaction times on the ai. first off its completely useless to use this play if you dont work the middle first because even if u make the right read, the DT can blow it up ala NCAA, but i noticed once u give the DT a proper workout, he becomes less and less knowledgeable/dominat of the zone read plays but u still have to make the correct reads (tendencies anyone?)

Zoneread pass
for me, this play works great, without any consequence, at all! of course the TE is always open so i have to limit mysef ALSO, if you play the numbers right YOU WILL GET REWARDED!!! 3 down linemen? 5 Db's??? HAND IT OFF!!!! pure awsomness!!!

PLAY ACTION PLAYS

Under center-
Will get blown up if the runnig game isnt established but u can also set the tone early if u wanna run a play action play as your first play, u cant abuse play action either or naturally its gonna get blown up, inside run game is key!!!

Shotgun-
playcation it a thing of beauty in the gunn, presap reads are key thogh, much more than before, MORE IMPORTANTLY running outta the gunn is vastly improved imo. pulling gaurds is a thing of beauty!!! its soooo rewarding to follow those big guys for a big gain!!!

i hope this answers your question bro, but a the end of the day, u gotta play it for yourself man, see how YOU like the game, period!

oh and guys having trouble with the ai pass rush, come out under center then audible to a shotgun play, it can give u more time to make reads and it can put the defense at a huge disadvantage
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #59
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

So would you guys say the game is better, worse or the same after the patch?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #60
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

Wow, just played my first game and got blown out, 38-10. I was using Playmakers' sliders and struggled offensively the entire game. Running game was god awful. I was down 21-0 at one point so I had to pass. When I lost game pre-patch, they were close. I hope it's because I faced a good team (2013 Panthers) is the reason of this beat down.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #61
Pro

Computer just sucks on Madden period. Admittedly, I've only played on All-Madden, but I doubt these other difficulties are somehow harder. I win every game with scores like 63-7. And it doesn't matter what I do. Run zone all game, run man all game. Run all game, pass all game. Mix it up. Use whatever play madden suggests. Doesn't matter. The game is just too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 29

First game post patch I beat the Packers 58-41. Aaron Rodgers was 19-36 545 yds 5 td 2 int. my qb Mike Vick was 24-38 333 yds 3 td 0 int and I didn't see much difference in the running game. I thought this was supposed to help defense?

I'm playiing on All-Pro with slight increases in hum difficulty to passing, rush def, and pass def. CPU sliders on default.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 18

Game #1
Settings:
All-Pro
7 minute quarters, 15 second run-off
GameFlow
Very slow (gamespeed)

Ravens 0 vs Texans 31

Total Offense 202 368
Rushing Yards 19 171
Passing Yards 183 197

First thing I noticed the game felt really fast on "slow" and the players accelerations seemed a bit quicker than usual (especially the MLB's). Switched the speed to "very slow" and the game immediately felt smoother for me at least.

Defense
The DT's seemed to shed the blocks a little quicker than before. The MLB's no longer take a second to read the play on a run, they immediately attacked where the ballcarrier was heading. I only hope not every LB has that kind of ability to read your play and attack on every single snap. CB's played tighter than usual, but I did not have much trouble finding open receivers.

Offense
With the quicker accelerations from the MLB position, my guards could rarely get a block on them, and that includes runs up the middle at times.

It's still the same Madden you know and play. If you liked it already you still will, but if you hated it you still will. Peace.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #64
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
played one of my offline franchise games(eagles)

steelers were in town, and they mean business lol, woodly and harrisson were in vicks face all game, BUT....

Zone read runs-
had to get used to "handing off" and "keeping" dude to the improved reaction times on the ai. first off its completely useless to use this play if you dont work the middle first because even if u make the right read, the DT can blow it up ala NCAA, but i noticed once u give the DT a proper workout, he becomes less and less knowledgeable/dominat of the zone read plays but u still have to make the correct reads (tendencies anyone?)

Zoneread pass
for me, this play works great, without any consequence, at all! of course the TE is always open so i have to limit mysef ALSO, if you play the numbers right YOU WILL GET REWARDED!!! 3 down linemen? 5 Db's??? HAND IT OFF!!!! pure awsomness!!!

PLAY ACTION PLAYS

Under center-
Will get blown up if the runnig game isnt established but u can also set the tone early if u wanna run a play action play as your first play, u cant abuse play action either or naturally its gonna get blown up, inside run game is key!!!

Shotgun-
playcation it a thing of beauty in the gunn, presap reads are key thogh, much more than before, MORE IMPORTANTLY running outta the gunn is vastly improved imo. pulling gaurds is a thing of beauty!!! its soooo rewarding to follow those big guys for a big gain!!!

i hope this answers your question bro, but a the end of the day, u gotta play it for yourself man, see how YOU like the game, period!

oh and guys having trouble with the ai pass rush, come out under center then audible to a shotgun play, it can give u more time to make reads and it can put the defense at a huge disadvantage
Thanks! I greatly appreciate the feedback. I'm a Coach Mode player so hopefully the CPU knows how to set up play action so that it doesn't get blown up.

If the play calling is good, then it seems based on your feedback that the gameplay should still be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »