Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.
do you watch the NFL?

Arizona 43-13 over Denver

New England 36-7 over Chicago

And thats just this week.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #66
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Alright back to topic.

I play All-Pro with Playmakers pre post season sliders. I play with the no switch rule on defense as well as no user catches or user picks unless the player I chose has theball come to them then I will go for the user pick. I play a pure sim game and I don't exploit the cpu. I call a very diverse playbook and rarely audible or hot route if ever.

So with that said I went home for lunch (yes I am that close to my office) downloaded the patch and fired up my chise.

Dolphins vs Bills

I crushed them (as I should have) 42-17. However the game was 21-17 at the half.

I noticed 2 things. My RE and ROLB had much more zip in their pass rush. I was finally able to get sacks. Cameron Wake had 2 and Koa Misi had 1. 5 total sacks...hope that is not the norm but it was great to have a pass rush...so I can see some tweak downs of my pass rush and tweak up of the cpu pass blocking.

All in all...very pleased.
I don't understand why you call it All-Pro with PM's sliders when his is 13-13-10-14 and All-Pro default is 10-10-10-10. I would call PM's sliders Custom settings--and he does too.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #67
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
My point above. How is crushing anybody in nfl football realistic. As I recalled when the Bills and dolphins played first game of the year it was like a 4 point dolphin win.

Dolphins will never score 44 on any team even the bills.

This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.

The Dolphins are overrated in this game their overall in my chise is 85.
I am 7-5-1 with the Dolphins.

Your making assumptions.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #68
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly. I fully admit that All Madden lends to the cpu players playing more aggresive and a bit over the top of their ratings.

But sliders helps that a lot. It seems that sliders only really take affect on All Madden.

On All pro the cpu is just brainless and regardless of tweaks, they just cant compete.

I use to win 35-10 41-21 and always scored in the 30's or 40's regarless of the team I used.

I wish All Pro was better. but it is not and has never been.

I just think people prefer it because all madden is hyper in terms of awarness. But is more controllable with sldiers then anything All Pro offers.

But if people think is a sim experience on all pro/ then enjoy the game, is what is important.

For me, i cant play a season winning 98% of games and being top 5 in all major categories.
I agree, can't stand to win 98% and be in top 5 for major categories. I want to win every game and be number 1 in all major categories. :-)
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #69
JVM
Banned

I think it would help if those commenting on results provide level of play and time, such as 10 min quarters with 15 run off, etc.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played one game with the patch and I loved it. I guess my experience was very different from y'alls. 7 min quarters, 15 sec runoff, all-star difficulty, no sliders.

Redskins vs. Cowboys, I used the 'Skins. I used gameflow on every offensive play, just to help speed the game along.

I had NO success running the ball. Ryan Torain did nothing for me, but James Davis filled in nicely in a few spots. Torain averaged about 2 yards per carry, Davis about 4.5.

The big difference I noticed was WAY fewer big plays. There were none at all, actually, until the 4th quarter when Kitna hit Roy Williams for a deep touchdown to take the lead. I would've been held under 200 yards passing if it weren't for me answering right back with an even bigger play of my own, thanks largely in part to a bad play call by the Dallas defense.

There were a few other opportunities for big plays that were missed by inaccurate passing on open receivers, both by myself and the AI.

At halftime, my average yards per play was about 3.5.

The corners were much better at making plays on the ball, and my receivers weren't getting 10 yards of separation by running basic drag routes, which seemed to be my experience pre-patch.

I didn't notice an improvement in zone coverage, unfortunately, but I didn't take the time to experience with it as much as I should have. The zone plays I ran were mostly zone blitzes. They were still pretty bad. I wish I had thought to run a few basic cover 2's, 3's, 9 velcro, etc. just to see the results, but I'll just have to remember that for next time. Can't say I have high hopes, though.

Halftime score, 7-0. Final score, 17-14.

For what it's worth, I'm a very experienced gamer and Madden player. I consider myself to be quite good at the game. I'm hoping more time w/ the game will prove to be just as enjoyable, and that at least some of you out there are enjoying the game a little bit more.

Those are my thoughts in a big rambling mess. Hope it's not too obnoxious to read.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 11

I also use PM's sliders but decided to test using Titans vs. Jets, year 2014 franchise on default all-pro.

Running game seemed fairly balanced. Each team had one big run for scores, but otherwise nothing special.

Pass D seemed more beefed up. Coverage was tighter and pass rush was much more "in your face", much less time in the pocket. Game seemed more sped up.

I can see how they beefed up the D, may have to adjust a slider or two to tone it down just a hair, but overall not to bad. Would like to test some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

way too many picks in my game. I played as the Raiders and won 54-24..getting 3 scores off of 3 FF on KR's.

Gradkowski, whose known as a more accurate passer threw 4 picks.

Matt Stafford whom I was playing against threw 4 picks as well, 3 of them going to Awesome-wa (lol).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »