Home

Need 2nd opinions...

This is a discussion on Need 2nd opinions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need 2nd opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I don't think that's what he is saying. I believe he is saying he would have all these players dumped in the FA "team" just so players have access to them as opposed to them not being in the game at all. I don't think it means if someone gets put on IR they get released into FA...

But again my question is who do they replace? I'm sure there is a max roster size maintained for one reason or another, so you can't add that laundry list of players without sacrificing someone...

Thats why i created a list of guys from free agency to remove to make room, and the numbers are actually workable with around 138 removable and 136 to add

Also, saw it suggested that the guys who were signed as replacements should be the ones in FA...this would ideally be the solution, but at this point with the rosters itd be nearly impossible to determine that and would require a TON more time and work to restore to original then add the replacement players to FA than is realistically possible.

Ideally, theyd add guys like kevin faulk or other well known players or starters back to the teams, and would put the player who was signed later on in FA (as opposed to just replacing him entirely). But im just aiming somewhat low to just get these guys back in so we have the resources or options to restore the rosters and have all players who are on the team at our disposal.

Last edited by JERZEKALEZ; 01-04-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I love this idea. I can't stand how I moved on to my second season in my Cowboys franchise, and I have no access to John Phillips for my tight end, although he was just on season ending IR this year. I believe putting them in free agency, it would allow for us to make our franchises and rosters as real as possible. If a CPU team signs the guy that you want, you could always trade for him, or turn off salary cap and sign everyone that you need on your team. I really like this idea because it gives us more options. Brilliant!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #19
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERZEKALEZ
Thats why i created a list of guys from free agency to remove to make room, and the numbers are actually workable with around 138 removable and 136 to add

Also, saw it suggested that the guys who were signed as replacements should be the ones in FA...this would ideally be the solution, but at this point with the rosters itd be nearly impossible to determine that and would require a TON more time and work to restore to original then add the replacement players to FA than is realistically possible.

Ideally, theyd add guys like kevin faulk or other well known players or starters back to the teams, and would put the player who was signed later on in FA (as opposed to just replacing him entirely). But im just aiming somewhat low to just get these guys back in so we have the resources or options to restore the rosters and have all players who are on the team at our disposal.
I really had to just take a minute and really think about what you are suggesting. If most people do the same before just quickly making a comment about it, I think they will find this actually is a good idea considering the issue with limited room.

It just makes more sense to have FA players that we know for FACT teams would pick up, because they currently have IRL, replacing other FA players that have gone all year not being signed IRL, just taking up space.

However, I think in franchise mode that undrafted and released rookie players should dominate the FA pool for player ratings 68 and below starting my 2nd year. Once in that 2nd year of franchise, IRL doesn't really apply that much anymore for roster accuracy. If I have the choice of a 8 year vet 68 OVR or a rookie 68 OVR, I am taking the younger guy with more upside.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

So, just to be clear: adding all the IR players back into the game (in the free agent pool) requires removing existing players from the free agent pool?

Regardless of the clarification, I'm in favor of putting the IR players back into the game, simply because I want John Phillips back on the Cowboys. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way about IR players on their team (I know my brother, a Packers fan, was disappointed when he got the game + roster update yesterday and found that Morgan Burnett and Brad Jones were missing).
Old 01-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #21
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
So, just to be clear: adding all the IR players back into the game (in the free agent pool) requires removing existing players from the free agent pool?

Regardless of the clarification, I'm in favor of putting the IR players back into the game, simply because I want John Phillips back on the Cowboys. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way about IR players on their team (I know my brother, a Packers fan, was disappointed when he got the game + roster update yesterday and found that Morgan Burnett and Brad Jones were missing).
Now I am lost, how does removing IR players from teams work now? I just downloaded a roster Wed Dec 29 and the Redskins players that are hurt for the year, were in the game, on my team and hurt for the season when I started my franchise.

If the real life teams move these guys to IR, then they are deleted in the next update?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Now I am lost, how does removing IR players from teams work now? I just downloaded a roster Wed Dec 29 and the Redskins players that are hurt for the year, were in the game, on my team and hurt for the season when I started my franchise.

If the real life teams move these guys to IR, then they are deleted in the next update?
It's dependent on the player; higher-rated guys are less likely to be deleted.

For example, Tony Romo is on IR in real life; however, he hasn't been removed from the game as of the most recent roster update, as Cowboys fans would riot if that happened. Same with Elvis Dumervil of the Broncos; he's been on IR since the preseason, but is still in the game because he was a highly-regarded player.

However, tight end John Phillips was put on IR early in the season, and given Madden's existing roster limitations he was removed from the game outright to make room for a different player (I believe at the time that player was Scott Sicko, who we signed to replace Phillips for a short time). Likewise with Brad Jones of the Packers; he wasn't highly-regarded enough for EA to justify keeping him on the roster file, and thus was deleted to make room for his replacement.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
It's dependent on the player; higher-rated guys are less likely to be deleted.

For example, Tony Romo is on IR in real life; however, he hasn't been removed from the game as of the most recent roster update, as Cowboys fans would riot if that happened. Same with Elvis Dumervil of the Broncos; he's been on IR since the preseason, but is still in the game because he was a highly-regarded player.

However, tight end John Phillips was put on IR early in the season, and given Madden's existing roster limitations he was removed from the game outright to make room for a different player (I believe at the time that player was Scott Sicko, who we signed to replace Phillips for a short time). Likewise with Brad Jones of the Packers; he wasn't highly-regarded enough for EA to justify keeping him on the roster file, and thus was deleted to make room for his replacement.
Oh, ok. Thanks.

Last edited by tlc12576; 01-04-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: no trollin except under bridges. LOL
Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm for putting them in FA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »