Home

#1 WR isn't on the field

This is a discussion on #1 WR isn't on the field within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Darck's Arena

OVR: 1
#1 WR isn't on the field

So I'm in my 3rd year of my Bucs franchise and I have Mike Williams who is a TANK at the #1 spot. I start the season and he isn't on the field. Instead the #3 or 4 WR is in his spot depending on the play call. So I try moving him down to 3 or 4 on the depth and he still isn't there. Is this a glitch or is my roster messed up or what? wtf is going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: #1 WR isn't on the field

He's either injured or low stamina.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Darck's Arena

Nope. He wasn't out there for the first play of the first game. Hasn't been out there on any snap so far in 3 games. Nobody on the injury list and if he hasn't played I don't know why he'd have low stamina.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Did you do any formation subs that would have subbed him out in favor of another WR?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Try resigning him to a new contract...if that doesnt work, then you'll have to cut him and resign him unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

There is a bug that stops guys from playing if you have a lower end team (possibly after a loosing season) with a high end player.

Mike Williams is "holding out" on you.

In previous Madden's players would hold out and demand a trade if they were unhappy with their team or their contract. That feature was removed, but the backround programming logic is still there.

Unfortunately this bug was never fixed after 2 versions of the game, and 7 patches.

Happened to my Detroit Lions team when I signed Mario Manningham... He played one season and then wouldnt show up on the field for his next season even though he was on the roster #1 spot.

Im sorry ot tell ya, but there's nothing that can be done. Bugs like this (and the IR bug) either can't or won't be fixed for some reason.

*shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
Try resigning him to a new contract...if that doesnt work, then you'll have to cut him and resign him unfortunately.
Trade him. Or this.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
There is a bug that stops guys from playing if you have a lower end team (possibly after a loosing season) with a high end player.

Mike Williams is "holding out" on you.

In previous Madden's players would hold out and demand a trade if they were unhappy with their team or their contract. That feature was removed, but the backround programming logic is still there.

Unfortunately this bug was never fixed after 2 versions of the game, and 7 patches.

Happened to my Detroit Lions team when I signed Mario Manningham... He played one season and then wouldnt show up on the field for his next season even though he was on the roster #1 spot.

Im sorry ot tell ya, but there's nothing that can be done. Bugs like this (and the IR bug) either can't or won't be fixed for some reason.

*shrugs*

Trade him. Or this.
does the resigning the player work?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Darck's Arena

Tried signing him to a new contract and it didn't work. I might try cutting him and resigning him but I'm just gonna wait him out. I've got plenty of WR talent so maybe after a good season he'll wanna play again.

Thanks guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »