Home

Game play ok...repair other stuff....

This is a discussion on Game play ok...repair other stuff.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #25
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Game play ok...repair other stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Oh most definitely. All I'm waiting on is some leagues deep presentation and I'll be fine. Gameplay most definitely suffices for now. However, players still have this slight weightless feel which is not as bad as previous years but its still there. There are a couple of other little quirks that annoy me every now and then, but nothing that destroys the overall game at all.

I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and say Madden 12 is going to put it all together for a better cohesive experience reference gameplay/presentation. I feel that Madden 13 is going to make it all rock solid.

For the guys saying line play doesn't matter, I have to totally disagree with that. We must be playing a completely different game. I dont know what to tell you, the slider set I utilize if there is a high rated Dlineman he is a nuisance. When I face up against lineman like Ngata, his presence is known.
The problem with line play is especially bad for the User. Stack up your line with the best, highest-rated linemen and LOOK at the replays. I see the CPU linemen actually block for their guys, but never see that happening with the best on my team--at any level including All-Madden.

Offensive line ratings do not matter and is the biggest killer in the game for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #26
JVM
Banned

I should clarify what I meant with blocking.

The CPU's Offensive lineman will come out over 5 yards to block my MLB so the HB gets through--never happens for me regardless of ratings. And I am talking Pro Bowl MLB here. CPU offensive linemen pulling out for their guy and actually blocking my defensive players so the HB goes free--doesn't happen for me. When I say pulling out, I mean going over 5 yards on the outside and not just one lineman. I can have Mangold playing Center and he doesn't do what a sub-par CPU Center can do. I could go on but I'm getting sick.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #27
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

jvm, i will slightly have to disagree based on a technicality, if you play with EA ratings then yes OL ratings dont factor much especially on higher settings.

however if you were to give up on EA and edit your game they do factor....alot

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
jvm, i will slightly have to disagree based on a technicality, if you play with EA ratings then yes OL ratings dont factor much especially on higher settings.

however if you were to give up on EA and edit your game they do factor....alot
I have no idea what you mean by giving up on EA and editing the game. Are you talking sliders? If you are, I tried lots of sliders.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #29
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

player ratings, sliders are somewhat useless against the problems this game has at this point.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
JVM
Banned

Quote:
player ratings, sliders are somewhat useless against the problems this game has at this point.....
You think editing player ratings solves what? If you aren't talking player ratings, I still don't know what you mean by "if you were to give up on EA and edit your game they do factor....alot"
Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #31
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
You think editing player ratings solves what? If you aren't talking player ratings, I still don't know what you mean by "if you were to give up on EA and edit your game they do factor....alot"
edit the player ratings thats what i mean......

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #32
JVM
Banned

Quote:
edit the player ratings thats what i mean......
Player ratings don't mean much. As I've already said I have a stacked offensive line with everyone 90+ OVR with Madden ratings, not editing. I started a franchise picking great offensive line players and trading them to my team to see what they would do. You can start a franchise controlling all teams and trade for whoever you want, Jahri Evans, Nick Mangold, Jake Long, etc. These are the best with Madden update #17.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »