Home

Game play ok...repair other stuff....

This is a discussion on Game play ok...repair other stuff.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #41
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Game play ok...repair other stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Played with NGata last night vs Hardwicke....yes, many animations with one on one blocks...BUT.....I stunt and slant my line alot...he was almost unblockable when I did that. Stat line: 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 tfl.....
Also maybe a higher break block,run reaction or lower the blocking of the cpu or something in the sliders may help.
I find that I do need to adjust slider settings to get the best results...
Look, I am talking one-on-one Ngata against Hardwick, and what should be the result? The entire game Ngata was manhandled by Hardwick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #42
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
fair enough, this might be fixed if we got to select the angle/stunt we wanted him to rush as in the play you mentioned he was ordered to go straight in the back field so he goes straight ahead.
Are you saying the players can't react, not even DEs? What the heck is PRC?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #43
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

PRC= play recognition rating,

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #44
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
PRC= play recognition rating,
I knew that. Take another look at what I said and understand I know what PRC means.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #45
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Oh most definitely. All I'm waiting on is some leagues deep presentation and I'll be fine. Gameplay most definitely suffices for now. However, players still have this slight weightless feel which is not as bad as previous years but its still there. There are a couple of other little quirks that annoy me every now and then, but nothing that destroys the overall game at all.

I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and say Madden 12 is going to put it all together for a better cohesive experience reference gameplay/presentation. I feel that Madden 13 is going to make it all rock solid.

For the guys saying line play doesn't matter, I have to totally disagree with that. We must be playing a completely different game. I dont know what to tell you, the slider set I utilize if there is a high rated Dlineman he is a nuisance. When I face up against lineman like Ngata, his presence is known.
Yeah, it's definitely subjective and up for interpretation, but I think the gameplay is solid. It can (and I imagine it will) be improved. But it's the stuff outside of the gameplay that's holding it back for me.

As far as the line play, it's not as pretty as 2Ks. That much I know -- but I feel as though it's serviceable. And I too do notice the disruptive linemen. Suh (Detroit) manhandles my offensive line each time I play them.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #46
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

With all do respect OP, I could not more vigorously, or vehemently, disagree with the this opinion.

I'm not saying that there aren't many (MANY) other areas that the game needs improvement in, but in my opinion, gameplay is probably the biggest area in need of improvement.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yeah, it's definitely subjective and up for interpretation, but I think the gameplay is solid. It can (and I imagine it will) be improved. But it's the stuff outside of the gameplay that's holding it back for me.

As far as the line play, it's not as pretty as 2Ks. That much I know -- but I feel as though it's serviceable. And I too do notice the disruptive linemen. Suh (Detroit) manhandles my offensive line each time I play them.
In my opinion that's not serviceable. 2k hasn't released a game in over three years.

It's time that we see things done in a football game, made by EA, that haven't been seen before. It's time.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #48
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
In my opinion that's not serviceable. 2k hasn't released a game in over three years.

It's time that we see things done in a football game, made by EA, that haven't been seen before. It's time.
That's fine. My point is that 2K has ALWAYS had better animations than anything EA Sports offers. That dates back to the Dreamcast days. You don't realistically expect the animations to be prettier than 2K's do you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »