Home

Too Many Pancakes?

This is a discussion on Too Many Pancakes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Too Many Pancakes?

I'm seeing 20-30 combined for both teams in online games.

I know they put it in for the franchise players to get the OL progression but do they have to have them in online games too, which are exhibition games essentially?

That many pancakes strikes me as highly unrealistic for the NFL. If a defense was getting pancaked 10-15 times a game, you have to wonder if they're physically able to compete.

Players who kept getting knocked on their butts so consistently would probably have trouble getting playing time, if not staying in the league.

I played a league game using Cal against KSU, which won handily by 20 points. The pancakes were 15-0 KSU. That is more believable since KSU is a top-ranked t eam and Cal is bottom drawer. So how can an NFL team, where the talent is more evenly distributed, get pancaked 10-15 t imes by the opponent?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Too Many Pancakes?

This, like EVERYTHING ELSE, will not be perfect. Just like the CPU relocating teams during your franchise run. Many people were "down' because Strauser said only HUMNA controlled teams would move. But obviously that wasn't true, and now people are like, "That is WAY BAD!!!"

First, the pancakes NEVER got counted and people scream foul. Now there are too many of them? Knowing it will never be perfect, I would MUCH RATHER have "too many" in order to have the o-linemen progressing better.

I liken this to a problem I see in NCAA 2004. Just like with Madden is year's passed, there has ALWAYS been way too many WR DROPS - sometimes as high as 4 to 7 a game, which most REAL WRs dont acrue in an entire season in real life. So instead of having better WR AI and having less accurate QBs to help balance the passing game in NCAA 2004, they instead have the ball always hitting the WR but bouncing off himi for an incomplete pass... only to have them almost NEVER accounted for in the DROPS stat column. My point is that it happens on the field but purposely doesnt show up in the box score to "ease" our anger over having too many dumb WRS. This same theory works with the PANCAKES in Madden 2004, just in reverse... few actual pancakes on the field, but "too many" in the stat box to, once again, appease the consumers' concerns.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

people are never happy!!!!! Quit all yout bitching about little [censored you naughty boy] and enjoy the damn game UGH!!

If its not one thing you all complain about its something else.....i cant wait to see ESPN fans do the same thing when there game is released this year.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

KymeraGB said:
people are never happy!!!!! Quit all yout bitching about little [censored you naughty boy] and enjoy the damn game UGH!!

If its not one thing you all complain about its something else.....i cant wait to see ESPN fans do the same thing when there game is released this year.

Amen. Up until last year, no one got pancakes. Now you're complaining about getting too many. Honestly, I don't know what a realistic number of pancakes is because I've never seen the stat outside of a video game, but as long as the game's consistent about it, I don't mind. In NCAA I have a stud lineman who's a finalist for O-Lineman of the year. This was never possible before, and in Madden, we might get some linemen in the ProBowl for the same reason. It's not like everyone of your linemen has a huge lead in pancakes over the rest of the league.

Sheesh.

(and I'm going to love it if there is a single "There are too many sacks!" posts about ESPN)
Old 08-15-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

KymeraGB said:
GOD DAMN people are never happy!!!!! Quit all yout bitching about little [censored you naughty boy] and enjoy the damn game UGH!!

You won't here a peep out of me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:35 PM   #6
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

LetsGoPitt said:
Quote:

KymeraGB said:
GOD DAMN people are never happy!!!!! Quit all yout bitching about little [censored you naughty boy] and enjoy the damn game UGH!!

Amen. Up until last year, no one got pancakes. Now you're complaining about getting too many. Honestly, I don't know what a realistic number of pancakes is because I've never seen the stat outside of a video game, but as long as the game's consistent about it, I don't mind. In NCAA I have a stud lineman who's a finalist for O-Lineman of the year. This was never possible before, and in Madden, we might get some linemen in the ProBowl for the same reason. It's not like everyone of your linemen has a huge lead in pancakes over the rest of the league.

Sheesh.

(and I'm going to love it if there is a single "There are too many sacks!" posts about ESPN)

MMan said on his beta version franchise of ESPN, Sapp lead the league with 32 sacks
Old 08-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

I wasn't complaining about it necessarily. As long as they're evenly distributed for both teams, there would not be an unfair advantage as far as gameplay goes. However, I did hear someone else say one linemen got 20 by himself.

My main point was that it seems high for the NFL. Like I said before, if defensive players were getting blown away by blockers like that, they probably lose their jobs.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:47 PM   #8
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

It's not too many, last year, I didn't like how my guys ended the season with 7 pancakes each. This year, there's no need to complain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »