Home

Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

This is a discussion on Will madden ever change their tackling engine? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I suppose I will put this in here. How in the world do you break a tackle in Madden 11? I feel like I am playing Madden 64, and it's basically just random chance that my runningback might bounce off a guy. Has the "truck stick" been removed?
You hold the R stick up. If you hold it for too long you could fall over though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

The lack of consecutive hit tackles, no true gang tackling, not being able to interact on a tackle thats happening hurts the game. Guys just run up to the play and fall over cause theres nothing they can do. Also sometimes when the players breaks a tackle but hes stumbling forward you cant interact with him so he automatically gets a extra 5 yards. RTP IS A MUST FOR FOOTBALL GAMES.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agreed with everything but the line above.

Protak is too new to be stale.

It needs to be implemented and work properly with the game engine.
Would you agree that Pro-tak is underwhelming ?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agreed with everything but the line above.

Protak is too new to be stale.

It needs to be implemented and work properly with the game engine.
As usual, it was added and not build upon...i can see the potential protak has, but EA needs to show more commitment to it...just like we should be on Hit Stick 5.0; we should be on ProTak 2.0. I hate when they add but never enhance. I actually like protak better than APF's gang tackling...but protak is inconsistent at time. Defense would be a lot better just from a broken tackle standpoint.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
As usual, it was added and not build upon...i can see the potential protak has, but EA needs to show more commitment to it...just like we should be on Hit Stick 5.0; we should be on ProTak 2.0. I hate when they add but never enhance. I actually like protak better than APF's gang tackling...but protak is inconsistent at time. Defense would be a lot better just from a broken tackle standpoint.
My problem with Pro-tak it's basically a fluff feature that doesn't change the dynamics of the game-play at all. It's purpose is to allow the marketing team to say, "hey, we've got gang-tackling now!"

What Pro-tak should have done is eliminate, or reduce, "bowling pin tackling." It did neither, so the feature is purely cosmetic.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 02-08-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #30
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
My problem with Pro-tak it's basically a fluff feature that doesn't change the dynamics of the game-play at all. It's purpose is to allow the marketing team to say, "hey, we've got gang-tackling now!"

What Pro-tak should have done is eliminate, or reduce, "bowling pin tackling." It did neither, so the feature is purely cosmetic.
I think what ever they are putiing into the game may have reduced or turn off pro tak. i'm under the self belief that pro tak and locomotion are two parts to a puzzle that may be complete this year.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I think what ever they are putiing into the game may have reduced or turn off pro tak. i'm under the self belief that pro tak and locomotion are two parts to a puzzle that may be complete this year.
For me, pro-tak being complete means "consecutive hit tackling." No bowling pin, or double hit tackling should occur at this stage of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
EA will renew the contract before it expires. The NFL likes exclusive licenses.
The NFL doesn't like lawsuits, and they're currently involved in one over their exclusive apparel license with Reebok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #32
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic

I dont think there is scope in protak for non assisted tackles...that area mostly relies on the old mo capped tackles...so you can't add on to them. I guess until pro-tak is broaden to include those...it's probably not going to improve like we want it. Even if we cant add on to those tackles...at least put in some push animations so the players can keep standing (kinda like running behind an o-lineman type animation). I dont know, just rambling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »