Home

Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

This is a discussion on Will madden ever change their tackling engine? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
This is news to me.

Anyways, hopefully what roadman said is true. I think it's very possible they could have remade the tackling in the game this year.

When you look at what they did with run blocking in Madden 11 by ripping out all of the old code and completely rebuilding it, I'm hoping they do the same with the tackling.
I think this is a must for Madden 12 because out of all the issues I have with Madden 11, I am starting to see tackling as the biggest. I used to think it was mainly just a visual issue but these "bowling pin" tackles are very damaging to gameplay. There is no risk of getting your players "bell rung" when fighting for extra yards and running out of a tackle.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

what u see on sunday is in madden all the way up to when the CENTER snaps the football. after that it a toss up.
i like the switch to acceleration focus from speed but when it comes to the gameplay that is only revelvant in open space.. needs to be effective across the board as cpu players never break down to make a tackle.
O-line d-line interactions are all the same. ive been asking for years when
why wont they address the short yardage animations? 4th and goal from the one yard line,
should look and feel different from 1 and 20 from your 35.
A NEW TACKLE ENGINE IS NEED PROTAK IS STALE , TOO INCONSISTENT,
WE NEED CONSECUTIVE HIT TACKLES, WHEN NEED RUNNERS BODY REACT TO BE HIT BOTH IN A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE WAY.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutnp
A NEW TACKLE ENGINE IS NEED PROTAK IS STALE , TOO INCONSISTENT,
Agreed with everything but the line above.

Protak is too new to be stale.

It needs to be implemented and work properly with the game engine.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

well I've been thinking since the contract is almost over maybe ea will put effort in madden 12 to make sure the user base do not go to competitors
Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #21
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

EA will renew the contract before it expires. The NFL likes exclusive licenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

I personally pay little attention to the poor tackling, for I enjoy the game for Football. But now that you guys mention it I am noticing sloppy tackling. I don't mind that your guy bounces off. I like to try and beat my teammates to the tackle. BUT. I get tired of the same unrealistic tackles that are horrible in transition. SHOW ME SOME DECLEATERS!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjojo28
I personally pay little attention to the poor tackling, for I enjoy the game for Football. But now that you guys mention it I am noticing sloppy tackling. I don't mind that your guy bounces off. I like to try and beat my teammates to the tackle. BUT. I get tired of the same unrealistic tackles that are horrible in transition. SHOW ME SOME DECLEATERS!
I wish. Truth be told, with the NFL having to sign off on every animation I believe there's a real chance of there being even less big hits. Especially with the concussion issue, and Commissioner Goodell likes to market his product as entertainment (which were thereby imply no true violent hits)

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I suppose I will put this in here. How in the world do you break a tackle in Madden 11? I feel like I am playing Madden 64, and it's basically just random chance that my runningback might bounce off a guy. Has the "truck stick" been removed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »