Home

To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

This is a discussion on To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #57
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

edit: wrong thread. : (
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #58
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
I hate when people come on here and bitch and moan about how terrible a game is but I feel passionatley that Madden is just not a good game, or a fun game for that matter. I judge sucess on the other sports titles that are out and how well they represent the sport - The Show is a sucess, it captures the intricacies and the subtelties of the game - it is about attention to detail . .. .nba2k - another phenomonal sports title - madden is not even in the same ball park as these games, pun intended.

I will not buy another madden until the entire game engine is overhauled - because for me it is completely missing, from the way the players move to the core gameplay mechanics - it feels off and it's not even enjoyable. Sucess? with the technology available to them and the other sports titles I mentioned - I would say mediocrity is how I would describe Madden, and that's more credit than I should probably give this disgrace of a football game
Awesome post! Completely sums up my feelings. Except I probably will still keep buying it.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
As I eluded to in the article, I think the simple fact is that the game is being made for a certain audience and for better or worse -- that audience might not be hardcore sim/franchise fans like OSers. I'm not sure if that's fully the case or not, because people in this community (the sim gamer one) are probably 15% of the total potential customer base for Madden. Maybe 35% if you want to stretch the definition. Anyone running a smart business will cater towards the other 65% while throwing the 35% a few bones along the way.

Of course, one could make a very compelling argument that the more realistic a game, the better it will eventually sell given the success of titles like NBA 2K and The Show compared to their Peers.

and thats the main reason why madden will NEVER get back to where it was. It will continue to spin its wheels in the mud and stay stagnant. I have accepted that....Alot have. I got by without madden for 5 years now. I bought all of them yes (shame on me!) and thats how i draw my opinion...The final product....NOT WORTHY of an NFL license if you ask me, but it makes the NFL money and EA money, so they arent gonna complain.

Casuals and ONLINE is 95% of the focus now (And i HATE that). I dont buy madden to play online...No desire....I buy it for franchise OFFLINE and thats what i Used to look forward to.

Now, SOLO stuff is meaningless...Franchise is the worst in the sports industry BY FAR and casuals get their game. How bout us? Well sadly, we are no longer worth it to EA....And that was their intention all along when they released that pile in 05 (madden 06) on the 360.....From that point, EAs overall decision was made....old development team/ new team, no matter...EAs main goal was ALWAYS the casuals and eventually 100% online.

The stage was set then...We were already and afterthought....The decision was made....And what we have today is EXACTLY what EA has wanted all along....And it will 100% continue...Things we have been wanting for YEARS are still missing/broken and are never fixed...WHy? Cuz it was never the plan to ever really fix them as it would turn away their target audience....Casuals. You think little jimmy cares about any of the stuff we mention here? Heck No....He just want to throw 7 TDs and score points like the NBA....And thats who EA wants.

I am very grateful to the developers who still CARE about the product and the people who have been there al along, since we are to thank for getting gaming here in the 1st place. Without our support for all those years they would NEVER be where they are today. How would EA even exist if it wasnt for US buying the games from Day 1? They wouldnt exist (beautiful thought if you think about it now). but they do exist and its because of US buying what USED to be a quality product.

Now, we are just not worth any consideration.....And that makes me upset. And i am sure i am NOT ALONE.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 02-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #60
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Now, we are just not worth any consideration.....And that makes me upset. And i am sure i am NOT ALONE.
no you're not alone bro....i am with you. to quote the late great MJ...'all i wanna say is that,they don't really care about us'.....
Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #61
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I do think Ian has some good ideas for the game, but I'm a huge proponent of allowing competition. We'll just have to see on this regard.
if Madden is supposedly a success now....imagine how good it could be with a competitor to push it to new heights.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp
If evolution in gaming exists, and it does, then it's indisputable that we're supposed to hold the games of today to a higher standard than those of yesterday. We're going to do that anyway, since we do in fact expect so much more. However, Madden seems to be the one franchise where mediocrity and poor performance is accepted and defended tooth and nail.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 02-10-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #63
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
This article is so far from reality and its evident by almost all the other responses. Seems like OS has basically sold out.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #64
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
This article is so far from reality and its evident by almost all the other responses. Seems like OS has basically sold out.
How has OS sold out?

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »