Home

Madden 12 Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 12 Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
If someone bought Madden 4 years ago, you'd notice changes.

They never took out extra point. I don't know they ever HAD a halftime show.
Very small changes and not nearly enough.

Franchise mode is horrible in comparison to the comparable modes in games like The Show and NBA 2k. It's no contest.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Do you have anything positive to say about Madden?
But he's right isn't he? I don't think if they completely scrapped the Extra Point and, you now, maybe include something that actually affects the gameplan of Franchise, I don't think anyone would complain about that.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
But he's right isn't he? I don't think if they completely scrapped the Extra Point and, you now, maybe include something that actually affects the gameplan of Franchise, I don't think anyone would complain about that.
I think you would be surprised if they took out The Extra Point and added bells and whistles to franchise. This place would be erupt in a riot since that is where the suggestion came from a few yrs. ago.

Tiburon has different depts for different aspects of the game. No reason to shut down one dept for the sake of the others.

Last edited by roadman; 02-12-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Tiburon has different depts for different aspects of the game. No reason to shut down one dept for the sake of the others.
I agree that there is no reason for Tiburon to shut down one department for the sake of others.

However, they completely shut down the department in charge of Superstar Mode on PS3/X-360.

And they took the Head Honcho of Franchise Mode (Josh Looman), off of the task of focusing on making F-mode great. Or at least as good as it was when he helped make the PS2 version such a success. And they decided that it would be more prudent to put him in charge of MUT for the past couple of years.

These are two moves that left me scratching my head, and $60.00 richer this past August. For the first time since the inception of Madden I didn't buy it. And I will not be buying another version of Madden until they bring it back to M-06' PS2 standards in offline gameplay depth and replayability.

I am holding on to the hopes that M-12' will give me a reason to buy it again.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Didn't they say last season that the guy who worked on franchise mode in Head Coach was coming to Madden?

I won't believe anything until I see in when it comes to Madden 12 franchise news.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 02-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Didn't they say last season that the guy who worked on franchise mode in Head Coach was coming to Madden?

I won't believe anything until I see in when it comes to Madden 12 franchise news.
Josh Looman and Donny Moore came over to the Madden team for M10, to my knowledge. The dev team was really trying to promote MUT, and they put Josh over there for M11 (and Donny does rosters), which is one of the bigger reasons they went untouched. They said at the E3 blog that building franchise to where it should be would take more than one cycle, and this is the 2nd cycle, so one would guess that we're going to see some big changes at minimum. No telling yet, though.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Nobody knows what's coming.

If someone bought Madden 4 years ago, you'd notice changes.

They never took out extra point. I don't know they ever HAD a halftime show.
I know exactly what you're saying; I hav Madden 08 for PS2 and if you bought later years games, there probably wouldn't be any difference; although I have read that the UFL and CFL and possibly a create a league feature is supposed to be coming to Madden 12(which would be awesome because I would love to play those leagues in video game form).

By the way, Ryan36, I love your signature; I am a huge Washington Huskies fan and was so pumped when they won the Holiday Bowl; now let's see if UW can get to a bowl two years in a row, and this time it would be without Jake Locker.

Although with the talent the Huskies have coming in, they shouldn't have any problem going back to the post season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlefan1
I know exactly what you're saying; I hav Madden 08 for PS2 and if you bought later years games, there probably wouldn't be any difference; although I have read that the UFL and CFL and possibly a create a league feature is supposed to be coming to Madden 12(which would be awesome because I would love to play those leagues in video game form).

By the way, Ryan36, I love your signature; I am a huge Washington Huskies fan and was so pumped when they won the Holiday Bowl; now let's see if UW can get to a bowl two years in a row, and this time it would be without Jake Locker.

Although with the talent the Huskies have coming in, they shouldn't have any problem going back to the post season.
That's on Wikipedia. I'd take that with a massive grain of salt. Actually, for now, I wouldn't even take it with anything. If I wanted to, I could write that Madden 12 will have classic rosters, Teambuilder, a robust franchise and superstar mode, and if you win by over 150 points a receipt is printed out of your disc tray that you can redeem for $1000USD.

Not that I wouldn't mind those things, but I'm more than a little skeptical the game can suddenly include two leagues (unaffiliated with the NFL, no less) when they have a difficult time (technology-wise) getting the 32 teams/free agents in order. Here's to hoping.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »