Home

what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

This is a discussion on what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: what\'s this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

Quote:

I don't change the way I play when I'm up by 3 TD's. I still call the correct defenses and mainly run the ball like I should.

Yankee....#! I wasn't talkin to you, I was talking to EVERYONE that says theres no comeback AI, #2 if ur gonna quote me quote me right I said I call the "correct" defenses as the situation calls for. IE I try to stop their "aggressive" play. I don't sit back and think the game is mine. So tit for tat. Whatcha got now to try and step on me with you big bad message board bully you. If I was talking to you I woulda said I was talking to you. The PS2 comment was because the majority of the people play the PS2 version and some of them were in this thread sayin there was no comeback AI. That alone should have told you I wasn't refering to just you. Any other conclusions you wanna jump too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #66
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Man, I just LOVE this thread. But I'm forced to chime in again because this is my single biggest gripe with the game. There IS some logic in the EA titles that tend to keep scores close. If you don't want to see that, that's your thing, but it's pretty lame for you claim the users "suck" when there are PLENTY of GOOD Madden players - me being one - that will tell you that it's not my playcalling. It's not that I'm taking stupid risks. It's not that I'm NOT trying to protect the ball. SH*T beyond your controls continues to happen at very predictable times. Fumbles by sure handed, rested, star ballcarriers that are NOT doing special moves. Penalties. Miracle picks by defenders that are given the speed of Ares. Pro bowl blockers being blown up by cornerbacks. Wide open drops by pro bowl receivers. Outside of the picks in a few cases, how does a user control this stuff!? If you want to claim that you don't see these things, then I'll have to be a bad boy and just call you a straight up liar. (Yeah, I know, I'm a bad boy). But this is just ridiculous. I've played this game for a long time and I'll continue to play it. But I want EA to STOP doing this!!! I don't like it. It's like playing two different games and that's pathetic.

Just a side note: I think this is the same "logic" that keep the user from getting blown out and therefore - not frustrated. I hate to bring it up, but in "other" games, you can get down pretty quickly and the AI will not let up on you. But this is a good thing in Madden for the casual fan.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #67
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

VenomEB said:
Quote:

I don't change the way I play when I'm up by 3 TD's. I still call the correct defenses and mainly run the ball like I should.

Yankee....#! I wasn't talkin to you, I was talking to EVERYONE that says theres no comeback AI, #2 if ur gonna quote me quote me right I said I call the "correct" defenses as the situation calls for. IE I try to stop their "aggressive" play. I don't sit back and think the game is mine. So tit for tat. Whatcha got now to try and step on me with you big bad message board bully you. If I was talking to you I woulda said I was talking to you. The PS2 comment was because the majority of the people play the PS2 version and some of them were in this thread sayin there was no comeback AI. That alone should have told you I wasn't refering to just you. Any other conclusions you wanna jump too?

I wasn't being a bully. I was only reacting to what I thought you were sayin.

I was wrong and for that I apologize.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:28 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

What I find funny about this thread is:

1. EVERY SINGLE PERSON agrees that there is catch up AI EXCEPT for YankeesPride. For some strange reason, I just can't bring myself to believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON calls the wrong plays in the 4th quarter EXCEPT for YankeesPride. Perhaps Mr. YankeesPride is just wrong.

2. Despite everyone's complaints about the catch-up AI, everyone continues to play the game.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:07 PM   #69
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Michael_Jordan said:
What I find funny about this thread is:

1. EVERY SINGLE PERSON agrees that there is catch up AI EXCEPT for YankeesPride. For some strange reason, I just can't bring myself to believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON calls the wrong plays in the 4th quarter EXCEPT for YankeesPride. Perhaps Mr. YankeesPride is just wrong.

2. Despite everyone's complaints about the catch-up AI, everyone continues to play the game.

I don't believe in the comeback mode
Old 08-20-2003, 07:11 PM   #70
Rookie

I will just say this.

I was playing my franchise today with the Pats. I was beating the Jets 28-7 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Within the next 9 minutes I threw 3 picks, fumbled a kickoff, and fumbled on two consecutive running plays.

New score: Jets - 35 Pats - 28

That is total BS and so unrealistic. It was like every player on my team developed severe ******ation at the half.

YankeePride or whoever can say there is no catchup AI, but the results are there.

Pennington went from 108 yards to close to 300 in a quarter. Curtis Martin broke 6, that's right, 6 tackles in one play. Including a hit from Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. I spent my sick day today playing Madden and almost took the damn game back to Gamestop.

If the catchup AI is not removed next year, this was my last Madden. I would rather have a game that was totally 100% unrealistic, than one that flips back and forth on a whim.

Old 08-20-2003, 07:15 PM   #71
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

evilive said:
I will just say this.

I was playing my franchise today with the Pats. I was beating the Jets 28-7 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Within the next 9 minutes I threw 3 picks, fumbled a kickoff, and fumbled on two consecutive running plays.

New score: Jets - 35 Pats - 28

That is total BS and so unrealistic. It was like every player on my team developed severe ******ation at the half.

YankeePride or whoever can say there is no catchup AI, but the results are there.

Pennington went from 108 yards to close to 300 in a quarter. Curtis Martin broke 6, that's right, 6 tackles in one play. Including a hit from Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. I spent my sick day today playing Madden and almost took the damn game back to Gamestop.

If the catchup AI is not removed next year, this was my last Madden. I would rather have a game that was totally 100% unrealistic, than one that flips back and forth on a whim.

Whatever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 07:46 PM   #72
Rookie

Yeah, back at ya.

So in love with a game they refuse to admit that it happens.

I would like to have a real listing of all the people on here that have those 20 point comeback games. It's not like they don't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »