Home

Madden 10 or Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 or Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 10 or Madden 11?

Hey guys. is there a way to run outside successfully in Madden 11? I only get big yards up the middle but have to truck for most.

Now I've played 11 for a while and I sort of do see the reason for criticism. 11 looks great off the bat, but when you delve into it, I can see some of the problems others have posted about. The passing game can be just unstoppable in this game. While running the ball , especially to the outside is a bit more difficult. It seems like when you get the handoff, the momentum is so heavy that it's hard to get going. The game just feels a bit unbalanced between pass and run. I can see just passing 90 percent of the time in this game.

It could be me because I love running the ball in football videogames. I like to pass but I like to build up for the big pass play. I just can't seem to play like this in 11 at the moment. Was 10 like this or more balanced? (I doubt I'll get 10 and just keep 11. Unless 10 is like 5 bucks bargain bin.)
Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yea, Madden 11 completely dictates when your player sprints. So you're really at the mercy of the momentum formula of the game.

I fired up the Madden 11 Demo just to verify my old impressions, and it definitely feels like I'm controlling the running back "less" - which makes running to the outside a bit more tricky. The upside is that the jukes are simplified and a little more intuitive though.

Overall, while I'm not in love with like 10's running, I still seem to enjoy it more than Madden 11's running. It just feels a little more visceral and rewarding.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

It's pretty simple, Madden 11
Old 02-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well if your an online guy like me I'd head for M11 because ive heard on other forums they are about to shut down the M10 online server and I mean its the newer version it HAS to be better /end discussion
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelaNati0n
I mean its the newer version it HAS to be better /end discussion
Maybe with other games you'd be right. But with Madden, newer is not always better. EA regularly removes elements from its previous games and replaces them with elements that aren't necessarily better.

In no transition is this more prevalent than the leap from M10 to M11:

- M11 had Gameflow, which is supposed to be a better Ask Madden. But a lot of people turn it off after the first few games and continue to use Ask Madden. Why? Gameflow has a tendency to call unnecessarily difficult plays when you only need 1-2 yards.

- M11 has Locomotion, which is supposed to be better at controlling the RB, but it does this at the expense of removing control from the user. A lot of people report that certain runs are now unnecessarily more difficult than they were to make in M10.

- M11 completely removed the half-time show. M10 has the half-time show.

- M11 has a distinct graphical look that many people don't enjoy. While M10 seems to have meatier models that represent their real-life counterparts a little more realistically.

When you're dealing with THAT many questionable changes, I think it's safe to ask the question of what to get; especially when one title is $9.99 and the other is $42.99. IMO, none of those changes were worth an extra $30+.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 02-27-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Maybe with other games you'd be right. But with Madden, newer is not always better. EA regularly removes elements from its previous games and replaces them with elements that aren't necessarily better.

In no transition is this more prevalent than the leap from M10 to M11:

- M11 had Gameflow, which is supposed to be a better Ask Madden. But a lot of people turn it off after the first few games and continue to use Ask Madden. Why? Gameflow has a tendency to call unnecessarily difficult plays when you only need 1-2 yards.

- M11 has Locomotion, which is supposed to be better at controlling the RB, but it does this at the expense of removing control from the user. A lot of people report that certain runs are now unnecessarily more difficult than they were to make in M10.

- M11 completely removed the half-time show. M10 has the half-time show.

- M11 has a distinct graphical look that many people don't enjoy. While M10 seems to have meatier models that represent their real-life counterparts a little more realistically.

When you're dealing with THAT many questionable changes, I think it's safe to ask the question of what to get; especially when one title is $9.99 and the other is $42.99. IMO, none of those changes were worth an extra $30+.
Madden 10 halftime show is so annoying it takes like 1 min to start they say things for 5 seconds and another minute to end, and in 11 you can change the sprint to manual

Last edited by scores87; 02-27-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

On my Madden 11, I still have the same halftime show as Madden 10.

They never removed it, they just didn't add to it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
On my Madden 11, I still have the same halftime show as Madden 10.

They never removed it, they just didn't add to it.
Are you sure? I checked a bunch of youtube videos, and the Madden 10 halftime show never shows up. Instead, a small slideshow of Halftime highlights plays - which is basically a really barebone version of the M10 halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scores87
Madden 10 halftime show is so annoying it takes like 1 min to start they say things for 5 seconds and another minute to end, and in 11 you can change the sprint to manual
Exactly, but you're proving my point. Why spend $30 MORE just to turn that all off? It's just not great "bang for your buck".

Honestly, I'll probably eventually buy M11 (mainly for the updated rookie rosters), but not when it's still being priced at $42.99 for a used copy at Gamestop. Feature-to-$, that's high-way robbery.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 02-27-2011 at 07:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »