Home

Madden NFL 12 Features Announced Over the Next 3 Months - X-Books & DPP?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Features Announced Over the Next 3 Months - X-Books & DPP? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #49
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 12 Features Announced Over the Next 3 Months - X-Books & DPP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
They seem more confident than they have been over the past few years and I think they have solid direction.
Yep I also agree with that. They definitely seem to know that many of us felt that Madden 11 was disappointing which is thus probably the reason why the first two blogs will be about gameplay, presentation, and franchise mode.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 16

These blogs better be long, if there is ONLY 1 day towards game play. So that means, that from May - July, there will be nothing about game play?? Makes me wonder how many features will be in each one. I usually optimistic, so I hope these blogs talk about at least 3-4 big features that don't have to be similar. Like for gameplay, I hope all aspects are talked about from special teams to oline run blocking, to penalties, to passing, to defense and tackling.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #51
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
All I know is that its going to take me only 5 seconds of gameplay video to determine if my going to buy this game this year or not. If they are using the same old canned animation engine then I wont by this game until they move towards a dynamic more life like animation engine.
Well then you probably won't be buying it.

Kills me how guys expect Madden to look like an ENTIRELY different game. Its still Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think Franchise mode is going to emphasize your star player. I say this because of the way we are voting for the cover and how Madden covers correlate sometimes with a feature of the game. If they could just make Franchise mode like the 07 PS2 game I would be excited. I loved the Player Roles the way my running back would start out fast in the beginning of the season then kind of slow down the next. The way they handled injuries where some players had lingering ailments. The newspaper even the PDA where players would tell you they were mad about being on the bock or how they were going to go hard against there old team. I mean why did they even take this stuff out? Stupid question surely but Ive been unsatisfied for so long with the progress of this game that i cant contain it.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

May 16 will determine if I even think about buying Madden. I think it is about time for Custom playbooks. Both Madden and NCAA had some time type of hint for Custom Playbooks being in next year. Gameflow and the abilty to set up plays for each down and NCAA had 120 ways to win/playbooks.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Features to be Announced Over the Next 3 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I think the major news is, the fact that each blog will be SOLELY on that specific topic, so that means us franchise fans will get a day of just franchise news. And of course same for presentation. Instead of getting a blog that says "suprise onside kicks, 3d grass, new draft logic, better gang tackling, pink jockstraps in the breast cancer awareness month presentation mode, and a bonus addition of Jeff Pash." I much prefer having a blog focused on one topic so it focuses on the importance of each one. Bravo EA, bravo.

I am jacked up for the presentation blog. I am all about making me feel immersed in the game. Good job EA.

BTW, Adembroski, is this what you guys meant by "reassurance?"
lol I agree. It seems we may be getting some decent info this time.

And your comments on presentation are spot on.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Maybe its just me but I could careless about the ultimate team crap. It just seems like another way for EA to make money. Focus on the actual game on the field. Make it a true football experience like MLB 11 The Show is for baseball. Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Maybe its just me but I could careless about the ultimate team crap. It just seems like another way for EA to make money. Focus on the actual game on the field. Make it a true football experience like MLB 11 The Show is for baseball. Just my opinion.
I 1000% agree. Nothing against the people who likes it, but I dont like it. I guess it is a new feature that is suppose to bring new gamers to Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »