Home

So the next gen is coming 3-5 years... is that a good thing?

This is a discussion on So the next gen is coming 3-5 years... is that a good thing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So the next gen is coming 3-5 years... is that a good thing?

LOL. I just went next gen at the end of 2009. I am sitting tight for the next 7-10 years with my PS3.

I got 10 years out of PS2 and XBOX. Screw PS4 till at least 2017 for me.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #34
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I mostly played on the PC until I bought the 360 came.(08 on up)

How was the progression from PS1 to PS2? Same thing, 3 steps backward?

I wonder also how the progression was from Nintendo to PS1. I don't recall hearing any complaints, but I could be wrong.
Madden on the PC was baller. I wish they would bring the PC version back.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

I seriously doubt that we will be getting another generation of systems from anyone outside of nintendo in anything less than 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #36
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The quality level of madden NFL is the responsibility of EA, and no body else's. Madden NFL could have been and could be so much better on this generation of consoles than it currently is.

The improvements made to the series since it has been lead by Ian and Phil and crew are obvious and encouraging, tough the rate of that progress is at the mercy of the talent and budget of the team.

What does all of this have to do with anything? Simply put, I'm not holding my breath in regards to a new console. There are a lot of great games that have come out and continue to come out on this generation of consoles, so while a new system would be nice, I can live without it. I didn't get my 360 until April of 08. I doubt I will buy a new system on the release date.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #37
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I seriously doubt that we will be getting another generation of systems from anyone outside of nintendo in anything less than 5 years.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/115/1154053p1.html

Also, Sony said they won't be releasing their next consoles that much after Microsoft releases theirs this time because that'll mean another headstart in sales.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #38
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope we don't have to wait that long. I've had a 360 since the midnight release and have upgraded my PC twice in the time I've had that console.

EA really should have hired a separate team to build a new game engine after they realized the next gen one was bad.

I thought that's what we were getting when the Head Coach crew joined the team, but they seemed to have ignored franchise mode on purpose these last few years. And while they have said we're getting fixes, the lists are so long (and EA has never been exactly truthful with their final products) we can't be sure what we will get this year.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #39
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How was the progression from PS1 to PS2? Same thing, 3 steps backward?
My experience with the PS2/XBOX generation was that most sports games were stripped down in the first year, but by the second year, they were back in business. For PS3/360, it seems that most sports games needed 3 or 4 years to get on track.

When a new console comes out, I recommend waiting for a price drop or two. The consoles are expensive, often prone to hardware issues (overheating etc) and for sports gamers, the initial titles are almost always disappointing.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
EA really should have hired a separate team to build a new game engine after they realized the next gen one was bad.
The only people saying this are the people on this forum who are not fans of Madden. EA Tiburon probably thinks they have a very good set of engines which are used both cross-platform and cross-product.

Quote:
I thought that's what we were getting when the Head Coach crew joined the team, but they seemed to have ignored franchise mode on purpose these last few years. And while they have said we're getting fixes, the lists are so long (and EA has never been exactly truthful with their final products) we can't be sure what we will get this year.
You do realize that the amorphous entity that gets referred to here as "the engine" (which is actually a set of different engines each responsible for one thing, such as physics, commentary, animation, etc.) has nothing to do with the quality of franchise mode, no? If you thought that an immediate and drastic gameplay change was going to come out of the HC team being integrated, I'm afraid you had an incorrect impression from the outset.

---

To the topic, I don't have the impression that EA will scrap everything they've written this console cycle five years from now, but who am I to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »