Home

Poll on cover athlete.

This is a discussion on Poll on cover athlete. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Poll on cover athlete.

I was just curious. Hillis will win the vote it seems. Many argue for or against this...but no one questioned the voting process itself.
Yeah, Yeah I know it's over he won get over it and all that. But out of curiousity....would he have still won if the voting went like this:

Vote for the player you'd like to see as the cover athlete on madden 12. Pick any player you like. At the end of the (insert time frame) we will count the votes and the one with the most votes wins!

Can anyone set this up? I don't know how. I do believe we'd see a different, perhaps more deserving winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Poll on cover athlete.

And I might add that by more deserving, I mean a more accurate measure of people's opinions. It is afterall still a vote, not an analysis of player abilities.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I was just curious. Hillis will win the vote it seems. Many argue for or against this...but no one questioned the voting process itself.
Yeah, Yeah I know it's over he won get over it and all that. But out of curiousity....would he have still won if the voting went like this:

Vote for the player you'd like to see as the cover athlete on madden 12. Pick any player you like. At the end of the (insert time frame) we will count the votes and the one with the most votes wins!

Can anyone set this up? I don't know how. I do believe we'd see a different, perhaps more deserving winner.
I don't see how you can suggest Hillis didn't deserve it.

You might be surprised just who in fact would end up on the cover if it was set up how you mentioned. Not everyone thinks the same way.

There is a thread for cover athlete and voting. There is a lot of Hillis support there.

Last edited by wheelman990; 04-27-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

When I see Peyton Hillis. I see hard nose football. I think it's great if he makes the cover for Madden 12.

I like the way the voting was setup. It was different and interesting, and in the end it was fun.

From what your saying yes it may have gone different , but only because some may have forgotten about him, but once your reminded of him. Most will vote for the guy.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yep, I said it in the other thread.

You can look at what if's could of should of's, but you need to look at like the NCAA bracket.

Anyone in that bracket, can win and will win.

Was Connecticut the best team in the country or were they the hottest team the last month or two?

Just like the Packers. They were 8-6 at one point and had to win every game in the playoffs on the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

They couldn't give the cover to anyone, players have fees for promotions, etc. which would explain why Brady or company wasn't in the voting process. Players would have had to agree to a payment, time for promotion, etc. before being allowed in the voting process. EA is still a business and Im sure they involved the cheapest, most marketable players for the voting.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

We have a thread about the cover, discuss it there

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-12-cover.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »