Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Dude, I really, really do feel your pain on this one, and I wish we could have done that. It's one of those things where if we put that one thing in, all this other stuff is cut. It was a matter of volume. It's just such a big feature, it absolutely kills our ability to do anything else at all.
While it was fun to play those mini-games, they are unrealistic in the context of franchise mode. I'm glad that you opted to make all the other improvements rather than this" arcadey" feature. This franchise mode really caters to the hardcore fans, job WELL DONE!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #66
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

After reading this I was just wowed. I haven't played Madden in almost 4 years because it just wasn't fun anymore and I have just been sticking to NCAA but after reading this I definitely will pick it up this year because the improvements to Franchise mode seem tremendous and Ive always been a Franchise guy.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Dude, I really, really do feel your pain on this one, and I wish we could have done that. It was one of my favorites, and considering he designed it back on 2nd gen, I'm sure it's one of Looman's as well. It's one of those things where if we put that one thing in, all this other stuff is cut. It was a matter of volume. It's just such a big feature, it absolutely kills our ability to do anything else at all.
You absolutely made the right choices here. Well done for offline franchise folks.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 7

Like the new rookie scouting system, you have Pro days, The Combine and individual workouts. The way I read it, is that its random, you dont actually play the drills, you just choose one and its a random out come, and I understanding that right?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #69
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4

the franchise mode sounds great...but what about franchise presentation- around the league updates, draft weekend and maybe franchise related commentary?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

I have been playing madden for MANY years now as many of us have, we know what we want, we are getting what we want. I am impressed to be honest, these are the kind of features (lots of them to boot) most of us long time madden fans have been waiting for. The key now is to see how well the game plays and if all these features function correctly.

Hats off, they really got a kick in the crotch after madden 11 was pretty much a joke in the gaming community. Well done, I like many others I am sure, look forward to getting the game this year.

Any info on sliders? for the slider guru's?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise Blog by Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
THIS!!!!

I think EA inadvertently let the "cat out the bag" with this Superstar announcement. This is the BIG part of Dynamic Player Performance they are planning for E3, IMO.

Player Traits a.k.a. Player Tendencies, ALONE, makes Madden 12 the G.M.O.A.T.!!!! LOL

All the other stuff is beyond great but this is the "heart and soul" of building a revolutionary football simulation game. I don't know why so many people seem to be unaware how BIG of a deal Player Traits will potentially be.

Stats and ratings are all well and good but we finally have actual AI traits for each individual player on the field. Pro Bowlers and future Hall of Famers, can now be expected to "do there thizzle" without being user controlled.

I can finally watch Laron Landry actually bring the pain, see Payton Manning calmly pick zones apart, witness Roethlisberger pump fake the defense, be amazed at Chris Johnson bounce it outside and laugh at Asante Samuel getting beat on a double move for being too aggressive.

OMG!!!! We will actually have a collection of players with individual skill sets, habits and potential, Together Each Accomplishing Much.

Using Cee Lo Green's radio version, that's FORGETTING FOOTBALL!!!! LOL
It will can have a huge impact, if implemented correctly. My guesses are, even if used by user players, that it unlocks certain animations.
If you have two 99 rated tacklers, one with Bigger Hit trait and the other with Wrap up, They will not play no where similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
Like the new rookie scouting system, you have Pro days, The Combine and individual workouts. The way I read it, is that its random, you dont actually play the drills, you just choose one and its a random out come, and I understanding that right?
You have to do these things to unlock ratings on rookies. The ratings are hidden, so the outcome of the pro day, combine, and individual workout will be that players true rating. Thats my guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »