Home

Video - Donny Moore discusses dymanic ratings

This is a discussion on Video - Donny Moore discusses dymanic ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Video - Donny Moore discusses dymanic ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
There really isn't.

What I have always believed is that there is such thing as "unclutch". What I mean by that is a player's tendency to choke because he feels the pressure and allows it to affect him. I know it because I've felt it before. lol

Just my thoughts on the matter.
interesting way to think about it......but instead of giving the *other guy(s)* in a key game situation a ratings hit...just give the "clutch" guy a ratings boost

right?...it's essentially the same thing here

what i would like to see though is that the clutch rating get turned off for a player in the twilight of his career...manning did NOT show clutch in that super bowl 2 years ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Well, I feel if we can have swagger rating in the game, we can certainly have a clutch rating or trait or whatever you want o call it.

As for the clutch debate, I think that clutch is more or less maintaining your composure in pressure situations. I don't really think "clutch" players get better in pressure situations. They are just more composed than the others around them.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #27
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
interesting way to think about it......but instead of giving the *other guy(s)* in a key game situation a ratings hit...just give the "clutch" guy a ratings boost

what i would like to see though is that the clutch rating get turned off for a player in the twilight of his career...manning did NOT show clutch in that super bowl 2 years ago
Nobody gets better though. That's the thing.

Most guys play the same. Some worse. There's no getting better.

I liken what I think Madden's clutch will be like to All Pro Football 2K8. The clutch rating in that game made "clutch" guys do ridiculous things at the ends of games. What should happen is that the lesser players get a bit worse (or at least some of them). There really is no way to just magically play "better" as a professional athlete. They wouldn't be there if they didn't know how to play to their highest ability all the time.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #28
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

OVR: 0

Totally concur. For years this message board has posted about "clutch" ratings and First-Gen's fluctuating ratings.

We get it for Madden 12 and now folks want to be a female dog about it. Come on, ya'll.

I've been
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
So...we're ragging on EA for having a clutch rating now? Anything to complain about I guess.

sent from parts unknown

Old 06-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #29
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocZulu
Totally concur. For years this message board has posted about "clutch" ratings and First-Gen's fluctuating ratings.

We get it for Madden 12 and now folks want to be a female dog about it. Come on, ya'll.

I've been
I'm not complaining about it. I just don't agree with it.

The addition isn't going to determine whether or not I purchase it.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocZulu

I've been
Show me where people are complaining about it.

All I have seen is a discussion on the true existence of clutch.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
100% agree with you on this one. Another example is Favre. Although he wasn't the most consistant QB, he was pretty darn good in clutch situations (you always felt like he could pull off a win late in the game).

Great addition to the game! Along with DPP, expanded rosters, and the other great additions, I am pretty darn excited.
I like the clutch if done correctly. But Favre was the opposite of clutch. He performed much better in the regular season and was below average in the playoffs for most of his career.

As far as clutch. I do think some athletes have better concentration and are more focused when the games is on the line.

Last edited by bucky60; 06-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #32
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

Ratings boosts are Madden's way of portraying 'clutch'. I don't see a need for a ratings boost, when you have a confidence rating. If a player has high confidence, he will most likely make the big plays late in the game regardless of his name. And players who are very consistent, generally have a higher confidence in their abilities, which makes them more likely to be 'clutch' on key plays.

Anybody can become 'clutch' at any moment, IMO. Remember David Tyree's catch in Super Bowl 42? Would you call that a 'clutch' catch? Yes! Would you label Tyree as a 'clutch' receiver? Probably not, but he had caught a TD pass earlier in that game, which boosted his confidence and most likely contributed to his ability to make that important catch.

Get a player's confidence up and you'll see him become 'clutch' - even if he is a 3rd string wide receiver or back-up cornerback.

Like I've said in another thread, the other DPP traits sound great, but the clutch ratings sounds like another gimmick to me.

Last edited by guaps; 06-04-2011 at 12:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »