Home

Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

This is a discussion on Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No thats just the amount of seconds getting ran off the play clock from what I understand. Nothing to do with the game clock. When you break the huddle the game clock will still runoff 25 seconds. 10 seconds on the playclock is just rushing you to call your play quick..
Either I am misunderstanding you, or you're misunderstanding Adem. The options this year is you choose how much time is left on the play clock. If you pick 10, then every time you break the huddle, the clock is at 10 seconds left.

It doesn't matter if you call your plays in 5 seconds or 20, it will be at 10 seconds at the break of the huddle.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Either I am misunderstanding you, or you're misunderstanding Adem. The options this year is you choose how much time is left on the play clock. If you pick 10, then every time you break the huddle, the clock is at 10 seconds left.

It doesn't matter if you call your plays in 5 seconds or 20, it will be at 10 seconds at the break of the huddle.
From my understanding of what AJ was saying it means If you choose 10 seconds thats where the play clock will be when you break the huddle giving you 10 seconds to adjust your oline or hot routes and stuff. If you choose 20 second it will give you 20 seconds to do all your line adjustments and hot routes.. But if you have your actual runoff clock at 25 seconds that the amount of time that will runoff off the game clock when you break the huddle but you would only have 10 seconds at the line of scrimmage to make your adjustments and hike the ball with the play clock. I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of time being ran off the game clock is what it sound like to me. I may be wrong but thats how I interpeted it.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #43
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You now set the specific number of seconds remaining on the playclock when you break the huddle... this can be 25, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, or 10 seconds. I don't recommend 10, this leaves you about 3 seconds to snap the ball once you reach the line of scrimmage.
Sweet! Never understood why it was done the other way around, picking how much time runs off after breaking the huddle.

I wish you all would have found a fix for the 2 minute drill. As is, the 2 minute drill works the exact opposite as it's supposed to. There's absolutely no urgency at the end of games.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

If you pick your play every time at 35 seconds and have your accelerated clock set at 10, then every single time it is going to run 25 seconds off the game and play clock.

― Plato
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
If you pick your play every time at 35 seconds and have your accelerated clock set at 10, then every single time it is going to run 25 seconds off the game and play clock.
From what I understand they added a new play clock setting mean once you break the huddle you can choose from 25-10 seconds meaning thats where the play clock will be when you break the huddle. Has nothing to do with the accelerated clock. The accelerated clock from what I understand only affects the game clock now meaning once you break the huddle 25 seconds will only be burned off the game clock not the play clock. The play clock will automatically be at 10 once you break the huddle. I might be wrong but thats how I interpeted it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Think about it though. Why would the play clock wind down 20 seconds while the game clock only went down 5 seconds? I have no doubt they are tied together. If not, then EA really has gone crazy.

― Plato
Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Think about it though. Why would the play clock wind down 20 seconds while the game clock only went down 5 seconds? I have no doubt they are tied together. If not, then EA really has gone crazy.
I think thats what AJ was saying. You now have a play clock setting that you can choose from around 25-10 seconds once you break the huddle. If you choose 10 it will be at 10 once you pick your play and break the huddle. If you choose 15 seconds the play clock will be at 15 once you break the huddle. The accelerated clock will now only burn off the game clock once you break the huddle not the play clock. If you have the accerelated clock at 25 seconds it will burn off that amount once you break the huddle. For example if the game clock is at 2:50 when you break the huddle it would run down to 2:25 but the play clock will automatically be at 10 once you break the huddle. I don't think there tied together. Hopefully I misunderstood what he was trying to say because if its like this its not going to make a difference for me because I'll still be getting off too many plays. I need more then 25 seconds to be burned off the game clock when I break the huddle to use 15 minutes quarters. 30 seconds would be good..

This is exactly what he said..

You now set the specific number of seconds remaining on the playclock when you break the huddle... this can be 25, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, or 10 seconds. I don't recommend 10, this leaves you about 3 seconds to snap the ball once you reach the line of scrimmage.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 16
I'm fairly certain that what he's saying entails, let's say you set it to 10 seconds remaining. If you pick your play with :38 on the play clock, it runs it down to 10 and therefore takes 28 seconds off the game clock. If you pick your play at :21, it runs it down to 10 and takes 11 seconds off, so in total 30 seconds come off the game and play clock every play before you/the CPU approach the line of scrimmage

From the video of Mr Excited Guy playing Phil (Redskins/Cowboys footage), at the game options screen it was only "play clock remaining" or something to that effect, it looks like that option has completely replaced the 15-20-25 runoff option of old, as that wasn't listed there as well. So it's a new system

At least that's the only way that truly makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »