Home

Hardest team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hardest team to rebuild?

Part of me thinks the 49ers, I know they got some good guys on D... but Alex Smith as QB.... that worries me
Old 06-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Thomas Davis, James Anderson, Charles Johnson, Richard Marshall, and DeAngelo Willaims are all free agents when the NFL is back on; putting their defense, in shambles.
Do you actually think they will lose them all? Johnson, Davis and Anderson have already said they want to be back. They will let Marshall walk because he's extremely overrated. The Panthers have an insane amount of cap room. Davis and Johnson will no doubt be back and unless a team offers Anderson an absurd amount of money he will be as well. Coach Rivera has already stressed DeAngelo's importance to the team so he will be offered an extremely fair deal as well....

Last edited by spyder_DG; 06-12-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte8066
Part of me thinks the 49ers, I know they got some good guys on D... but Alex Smith as QB.... that worries me
The 49ers will never be bad when they have Donny Moore Mr.Homer of EA Sports. They are always, ALWAYS helped out by him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
Do you actually think they will lose them all? Johnson, Davis and Anderson have already said they want to be back. They will let Marshall walk because he's extremely overrated. The Panthers have an insane amount of cap room. Davis and Johnson will no doubt be back and unless a team offers Anderson an absurd amount of money he will be as well. Coach Rivera has already stressed DeAngelo's importance to the team so he will be offered an extremely fair deal as well....
Well when the game comes out I don't expect any of them to be on the team because they are free agents. But I do think Charles Johnson will be their biggest loss.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Well when the game comes out I don't expect any of them to be on the team because they are free agents. But I do think Charles Johnson will be their biggest loss.
LOL the fact that you think Johnson is going anywhere shows how little you've actually researched the situation. The Panthers FO has already said they're going to do pretty much whatever it takes to make sure Johnson and DeAngelo are playing in Charlotte next year and they have the cap room to EASILY give both of them HEFTY contracts...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Trust me, building up the Bills is a pain in the butt but I love the challenge of doing it every year. What makes them so tough to build is
1. They don't have a franchise QB
2. They have WR depth but no true #1 WR
3. OLine needs an upgrade at both tackle positions and center (although Demetrius Bell is serviceable once you get an elite tackle. I bet most of you are like Demetrius who???)
4. You need to help transition the defense into a 3-4 defense so you need to replace 4-3 personnel with 3-4 personnel.
5. You need 2 new DEs long term but 1 DE short term.
6. You need a LOLB and an ILB.
7. You need another corner
8. And finally, Donte Whitner is a liability in coverage. Get rid of him for a safety with better coverage.

Sound like a hard team to rebuild? It is.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
LOL the fact that you think Johnson is going anywhere shows how little you've actually researched the situation. The Panthers FO has already said they're going to do pretty much whatever it takes to make sure Johnson and DeAngelo are playing in Charlotte next year and they have the cap room to EASILY give both of them HEFTY contracts...
What ever it takes, doesn't mean anything. They can't promise him a championship run, a playoff run, or EVEN a winning season. People say they want to stay, but end up leaving. There are teams that have Cap Room as well, and better chances at a division title than they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
Who will be the hardest team to rebuild this year? Im thinking Dolphins or Raiders right now?
The Raiders have been getting closer. Losing Nnamdi is going to hurt but they have always been a great team to use in Madden because of their speed. In real life, The Raiders seem like they are going to lose two of their best players in Nnamdi and Gallery. Both are going to get big money in free agency. I think that the Raiders need a legit #1 WR. I could see Ochocinco in silver and black this year. Reunite with Hue Jackson.

The Dolphins are a question mark and they have a strange roster. Elite talents like Long, Marshall, Wake, Dansby and Davis but a huge question mark at quarterback.

Carolina has one of the worst passing offenses in all of football. Their line is good and they have good backs but outside of Steve Smith and an aging Shockey. The Panthers passing attack will struggle this year with a rookie QB especially if Steve Smith gets traded.

A fun rebuilding team to use this year in Madden is The Bengals once Palmer gets dealt. You got Dalton at QB, AJ Green, Gresham and Shipley at WR/TE and alot of good young talent on the roster. They would be my rebuild choice this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »