Home

Hardest team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #57
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hardest team to rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
This Steve Smith is a FA:

This Steve Smith appears to want out of Carolina:

I was talking about the guy on the bottom. The REAL Steve Smith.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #58
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by themassacre771.1
I want him gone honestly. I want to see him play for a winner.
That's cool, I want to see AP play for a winner too.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #59
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
They have arguably the best LB corps in the NFL in Beason, Anderson, Connor and Davis.
LOL.

Good? Sure. The best in the NFL? Not even close.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #60
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
At least AP never had to endure a two win season. Its all good. Really though, Steve Smith is gone. No need to slug around a 30+ receiver when you are obviously in full blown rebuilding mode with a mystery QB who has no offseason worth anything to learn the system.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #61
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
At least AP never had to endure a two win season. Its all good. Really though, Steve Smith is gone. No need to slug around a 30+ receiver when you are obviously in full blown rebuilding mode with a mystery QB who has no offseason worth anything to learn the system.
Quote:
Full blown rebuilding mode? I keep hearing that Carolina is in full blown rebuilding mode and none of you guys can come up with a response as to how other than the QB position.

Given the QB is a big part of the system, but their is honestly no reason Newton can't come in and play well enough to get Carolina 7-8 wins or that a FA veteran couldn't do the same.

And why is Steve Smith gone? Because the ESPN news ticker said he cleaned out his locker? Really? You think that is significant after they were told they weren't going to be allowed back in the stadium until after the lockout was over?

Steve Smith was upset because he wasn't having any fun. He expressed the need for a solution at QB after Delhomme fell apart and was cut and Carolina didn't deliver with a 2nd round pick in Clausen. The offense was extremely dull and rush oriented under John Fox and OC Jeff Davidson. Even more so last year when the Coaching staff was given it's walking papers pre-draft 2010 and told they were all gone at the end of the year by ending all their contracts collectively at the end of the year and giving them no control over the draft.

Fox struck back by not playing guys like Armanti Edwards and arm chairing his way through his final season, all whilst giving Jimmy Clausen a tough row to hoe with some of the worst play calling I've ever seen, which was backed up by NFL Network talking about exactly how bad it was mid-season.

While the FO completely neglecting 2010 was awful for the Panthers, it could be a real boon in 2011. With an all new coaching staff in 2011 Carolina did something John Fox swore he would never do, draft a QB in the 1st round. I'm actually pretty sure he said he'd never draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds, but that's not the point. Carolina drafted the QB with the most exciting tools and highest ceiling in the entire draft. They bring in a pass oriented offense that made Derek Anderson look good with the Browns, and they plan to be aggressive in FA with what I believe to be the second largest amount of CAP space in the NFL. The new offense will also incorporate the TE, something that hasn't happened in Carolina since Wesley Walls walked away, which should take more pressure off of Smith.

In short, for Steve Smith, Carolina plans on having a very exciting offense in future years. If Newton half-way pans out this year there is no reason Carolina can't expect to be looking at a .500 season considering thats what the team did with nearly the exact same pieces in 2009 when Jake Delhomme was falling apart. All Carolina has to do is have a QB that plays better than Jimmy Clausen did last year, and they will at least win 3-5 more games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Thomas Davis, James Anderson, Charles Johnson, Richard Marshall, and DeAngelo Willaims are all free agents when the NFL is back on; putting their defense, in shambles.
DeAngelo Williams plays on offense and all of those guys will be back... we have the cap room to keep them all.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
LOL... classic
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
You mean like Ponder? LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »