Home

I thought Madden was EA's flagship title....

This is a discussion on I thought Madden was EA's flagship title.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I thought Madden was EA's flagship title....

its more the fact the international community don't see 40% of the players being obease and considering them athletes and seeing them play 4 mins in a 4 hour game its hand egg less atletic rugby players who ware gear
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by liletdeblet
this is what every non american says about american football , people dont get how poeple can watch a sport where they play on average like 4 mins in a 4 hour game.

Touche`

Personally, I enjoy what happens between plays in American football as much, if not more, than the actual action on the field between snaps. But it's tough to capture that frantic action on TV. Its much easier to appreciate in a football game.

I have a theory that Soccer would be SOOOO much better to watch if there was something akin to basketball's backcourt violation. Having the setup for plays occur while the ball is still in play is nerve racking as I often find myself screaming at at the screen - "QUIT GOING BACKWARD, YOU CAN'T SCORE FROM THERE." LOL

I've had people from several countries (England, USA, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc.) try to explain it to me but it hasn't HIT me yet. I'm still looking forward to the explanation that gives me my soccer epiphany though. I really wish I could like the game more.

One of my best friends LOVES soccer and we get into some HEATED debates about the sport...

Later

Last edited by TNT713; 06-13-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Touche`

Personally, I enjoy what happens between plays in American football as much, if not more, than the actual action on the field between snaps. But it's tough to capture that frantic action on TV. Its much easier to appreciate in a football game.

I have a theory that Soccer would be SOOOO much better to watch if there was something akin to basketball's backcourt violation. Having the setup for plays occur while the ball is still in play is nerve racking as I often find myself screaming at at the screen - "QUIT GOING BACKWARD, YOU CAN'T SCORE FROM THERE." LOL

I've had people from several countries (England, USA, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc.) try to explain it to me but it hasn't HIT me yet. I'm still looking forward to the explanation that gives me my soccer epiphany though. I really wish I could like the game more.

One of my best friends LOVES soccer and we get into some HEATED debates about the sport...

Later
I don't like soccer, but I don't dislike it. If they had a back court violation type rule, I'd probably like the sport so much more though.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #36
Rookie

adun_79's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Just like real life football is big in the US, soccer everywhere else.
Actually, soccer is the real life football the other one is American football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I have to disagree with this for two reasons:

First, I don't think it's something feasible. Soccer is a low scoring sport, so losing possession is not something bad; teams would rather give the ball away than risk a devastating counterattack, you would just end up with more interruptions.

Second, and most importantly, even if the first point wouldn't take place, it will have the opposite effect. Before the offside rule changes in 2005 (or 2004, i can't remember) soccer was actually more defensive than today b/c a team's back-line could sit higher up the pitch, basically reducing the effective playing surface, something that favored bigger and stronger players who usually are less skilful. If you were to introduce a back-court violation, then the back-line of the attacking team would have to sit at the half-line once the ball is ahead, reducing again the playing surface, squashing space and allowing the big guys to bully the skilled ones out of the game
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Not only in sales but also quality. FIFA is EA's best sports game followed by NHL.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
There is stategy in all sports......
Dude football is by absolutely miles the most complex sport in terms of strategy. I can't think of anything that even comes close.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Dude football is by absolutely miles the most complex sport in terms of strategy. I can't think of anything that even comes close.
Starscraft 2.

Anyways.

Backcourt rule in soccer is absurd. It would change the entire game too drastically.

It would be like the NFL allowing a player to catch the ball "one hand one bounce".
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Starscraft 2.

Anyways.

Backcourt rule in soccer is absurd. It would change the entire game too drastically.

It would be like the NFL allowing a player to catch the ball "one hand one bounce".
Starcraft 2 is a sport?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »