Home

EA's new attempt at replicating player vision.

This is a discussion on EA's new attempt at replicating player vision. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #25
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: EA's new attempt at replicating player vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Here are some of the things player vision will fix:

psychic CB

Wr's not looking at the ball and making a catch.

Lead blocking

QB passing-user and cpu

spacial teams-return teams blocking & Cover teams now have a advantge of going throught return teams blind spots.

Nano-blitz(Center can block the NB)

UP field blocking

There other's.

Don't forget adding a whole new dynamic to the AI rushing game. BCV will actually matter.

As far as the user passing game not so much. This is the vision cone minus the cone. The answer IMO isn't lowering accuracy for throwing it to guys you can't see the answer is preventing you from throwing it to him altogether. Qb's don't complete passes looking in a vast/non-specific area, they complete passes either looking at a specific spot/player. The cone while more realistic then what we have now still IMO wasn't close to a true video game simulation of playing QB especially considering all the people it turned off.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-01-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #26
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Because you the user will still see the entire field(minus a few blind spots). This tech seems only geared for AI not user controlled players.
We only control one player at a time, on offense and defense, and the OL is completely AI-controlled. It'll be very important tech for games moving forward with 13.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
We only control one player at a time, on offense and defense, and the OL is completely AI-controlled. It'll be very important tech for games moving forward with 13.
I said user controlled players. I said that to distinguish user non controlled players from user controlled players. Anything involving AI this tech will be huge for.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #28
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

Apologies.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #29
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

Seeing as we control the QB so much, another possible application of this vision tech could be that a QB with lower awareness means when we're user-controlling a QB, that literally the depth of field focus starts blurring when players go outside that QBs cone of vision.

Eg, someone grabs Newton and scrambles around and back 20 yards, with most receivers having run 10+ yard routes, the screen literally blurs up field (in a subtle way) so that you cant make out for sure if it's your player, or how open he is. Forced to dunk to a HB in the flats or throw it away.

But it would also apply for any QB dropping back normal 3-5-7 steps, certain amount of awareness attribute causing areas beyond their invisible cones to blur for us on the screen.

This would work for either god-cam or zoom/bb cam. Probably look more realistic with zoom/bb.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #30
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Because you the user will still see the entire field(minus a few blind spots). This tech seems only geared for AI not user controlled players.

I think that it is meant for user controlled players as well, and if I'm mistaken, and it is not, then it should be.

When they say that if you pass to someone outside of their vision and the accuracy of the pass takes a hit, I think they are referencing the user.

This would be a beneficial application to use for the QB in a Football game. Gone would the days of scrambling right and then just hittting a button to throw all the way left. Now you would need to actually stop running right and make your QB face the vicinity of the receiver all the way left, before you hit the button, or else the pass won't be on target.

I don't think that's asking too much of the user.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #31
Observer

guaps's Arena

Quote:
Don't forget adding a whole new dynamic to the AI rushing game. BCV will actually matter.

As far as the user passing game not so much. This is the vision cone minus the cone. The answer IMO isn't lowering accuracy for throwing it to guys you can't see the answer is preventing you from throwing it to him altogether. Qb's don't complete passes looking in a vast/non-specific area, they complete passes either looking at a specific spot/player. The cone while more realistic then what we have now still IMO wasn't close to a true video game simulation of playing QB especially considering all the people it turned off.
I'm a bit cautious of eliminating throwing options as I think that would make people complain even more. Preventing people from throwing to certain receivers isn't realistic either.

My own recent example was as a QB in a flag football game, where I scrambled right and threw deep left. I didn't have time to look up and find my receiver because of the blitz, so I ended up overthrowing him by about 5-7 yards or so despite him being wide open.

Even though I ran to the right, I still had the option to throw to the left, but I had no idea exactly where the receiver was as he was out of my field of vision for about 2-3 seconds. My throw was basically just a guess based on the route I knew he ran.

But I agree that QBs need to throw to specific spots/players based on routes, but currently Madden doesn't support that at all. You can easily throw 10 yards off target and both receivers and cornerbacks will react instantly. As mentioned by others, a vision tech can hopefully 'correct' this kind of behavior.

Vision tech and route based passing would be a win-win situation, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #32
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

I think this would be a great addition to Madden as an under the hood feature. It seems perfect for QBs, WRs, CBs, LBs... Just seems like a great feature to add in Madden 13. With the steps Madden 12 has taken and a revolutionary tech like this "vision" from FIFA... sounds like an award winning football game to me.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »