Home

Player Roles.....

This is a discussion on Player Roles..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Icon3 Player Roles.....

Franchise Mode

What are "player roles" to the game? Are they there just for show? or do they really serve a purpose?

Another question I have is can you assign roles? one specifically "Mentor" or are they just given?

I hope that the roles truly help out because I would like to see my young drafted QB develop well under my respected aging quarterback. Is my leader truly going out there showing his support? Like a Ray Lewis.

Are the roles relevant? Do you see that play out on the field? or is it just a stat to queit us down?

All I want to see is the roles and stats play out on the field and effect the individual player's morale and collaborate as a team.

Can anyone answer these series of questions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Player Roles.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
Franchise Mode

What are "player roles" to the game? Are they there just for show? or do they really serve a purpose?

Another question I have is can you assign roles? one specifically "Mentor" or are they just given?

I hope that the roles truly help out because I would like to see my young drafted QB develop well under my respected aging quarterback. Is my leader truly going out there showing his support? Like a Ray Lewis.

Are the roles relevant? Do you see that play out on the field? or is it just a stat to queit us down?

All I want to see is the roles and stats play out on the field and effect the individual player's morale and collaborate as a team.

Are you talking about Dynamic Player Performance roles or something else? I just need to clarify
Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Banned

[quote=TheSportzGuru;2042554881]Are you talking about Dynamic Player Performance roles or something else

Yeah. I didn't recall it as that name but yes, the roles on the team.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

[quote=xbreezex;2042554852]Franchise Mode

The purpose is to give replayability, and a uniqueness to different players. There is a reason to keep a veteran qb on your roster. A team that drafts a young qb and is designated as a franchise qb will not be drafting another qb high in the draft next year or signing a big name free agent to replace him.

Roles are earned each offseason.

I won't know until I play how relevant they are. All I can do is go by what we have been told. So to answer the question, is it a stat to quiet us down, no one will know until they play the game, but I know there are people with high hopes. The link below says it can play a big role in games.

Since no one has played the game with roles yet, you may just have to go by what we have been told. Here, read up on them. Most of your questions are answered.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168180p1.html

Last edited by shnuskis; 07-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you mean traits ie fumbler or team disruption?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

There's two different things seemingly being talked about here. There's the new player traits that we've never seen before, such as a QB's propensity to scramble vs stay in the pocket.

Then there's the player roles that I believe the OP is talking about which are things like team mentor, 1st round draft pick, fumble prone, etc.

From what I understand, the traits are fully editable, whereas the game generates player roles each offseason based on the prior season's stats, and those are not editable.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 07-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
There's two different things seemingly being talked about here. There's the new player traits that we've never seen before, such as a QB's propensity to scramble vs stay in the pocket.

Then there's the player roles that I believe the OP is talking about which are things like team mentor, 1st round draft pick, fumble prone, etc.

From what I understand, the traits are fully editable, whereas the game generates player roles each offseason based on the prior season's stats, and those are not editable.
thank you, just what i needed.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 36

90% of your questions could have been answered by using the search function, the other 10% nobody can answer until they've played the mode themselves. Closed.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-05-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »