Home

Best Young Offense in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Best Young Offense in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Best Young Offense in Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
lol, Im a Broncos and Bucs fan. Ive seen Elway play a 100 times. My uncle is Rick Upchurch and he played with Elway those first few games. Trust me, there is nothing comparable between the two other than both being QBs for the Broncos. Telling me a rookie QB wasnt great his first season as a comparison for Tebow-Elway is laughable. Most evry rookie QB in the NFL hasnt had a great season unless their team carried them.

Assuming I even respect ESPNs bias, let alone use it as my deciding factor on my opinions is very obtuse on your part. Ive had family play in the NFL and a good number of family and friends play at the collegiate level. ESPN or anyother network talking heads are far from any basis of any opinion Ive ever formed. You may have to defend off the average naysayer and these arguments may then be vaild, but sometimes poeple actually know what they are talking about. So please dont assume everyone is just a casual NFL fan when talking about the Broncos or any other team for that matter.

When talking about best young offense(thread title) I generally consider young offenses that are already good. Not guys drafted high with potential.
LOL, I know you say you're Upchurch's nephew. And I know you say you're a Broncos fan and a Bucs fan(I was a Bucs fan on they're SB run to defeat the Faiders), which makes me sick to my stomach.... I've been lurking here for years.... Rick was a heck of an athlete. But honestly I don't give a rats ***. If you think because you have to go blurting it all over the internet, that you have some credibility for it, you are sadly mistaken....

I too have known some friends that have played at the college level. Yet I don't have to use it to support any argument on the internet. You did not play in college or the NFL. Never once did I call you a casual fan or come at you like I thought you were one. It seems to me that you did though.

Remember again.... I've been lurking here for years... The espn jab was merely stating that you read just like one of those writers. Who respects the espn bias???? They are a joke.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #50
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Here we go Brownies! Here we go!

Homerism, yes -- but Northeast Ohio is in love with Colt McCoy, Peyton Hillis and our young receiving core. Will it translate to 10+ wins in the AFC North? Probably not, but that's just because we aren't in the NFC West.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
lol, Im a Broncos and Bucs fan. Ive seen Elway play a 100 times. My uncle is Rick Upchurch and he played with Elway those first few games. Trust me, there is nothing comparable between the two other than both being QBs for the Broncos. Telling me a rookie QB wasnt great his first season as a comparison for Tebow-Elway is laughable. Most evry rookie QB in the NFL hasnt had a great season unless their team carried them.

Assuming I even respect ESPNs bias, let alone use it as my deciding factor on my opinions is very obtuse on your part. Ive had family play in the NFL and a good number of family and friends play at the collegiate level. ESPN or anyother network talking heads are far from any basis of any opinion Ive ever formed. You may have to defend off the average naysayer and these arguments may then be vaild, but sometimes poeple actually know what they are talking about. So please dont assume everyone is just a casual NFL fan when talking about the Broncos or any other team for that matter.

When talking about best young offense(thread title) I generally consider young offenses that are already good. Not guys drafted high with potential.
You act like no one around here played college football, or know people who played/play on Sundays. Trust me, the group isn't that elite. There are plenty of us around here.

While John Elway was the greatest QB I have ever seen, I don't care who you are, we simply haven't seen enough of Tebow to make any sort of accurate judgement on him.. Guy has taken what 150 snaps total? I hate the Broncos, but I liked what little I saw of him. I know Mike Mayock likes his potential, and for me his word carries more weight than just about anyone.

Now am I sold on the Broncos as a great young offense? No. I think Moreno is just a guy. I don't think he's a game changer or even a grinder. Decker somehow has this rep, but I think the rep is greater than his actual ability. I love Thomas at WR, but I think in the end he's going to be a complimentary player more than a #1. Eddie Royal is Eddie Royal. I think he's a great slot guy, and a great special teams guy. I think outside of that role, he becomes very average.

I don't know much about their young TE's but comparing them to Antonio Gates seems a little much.

I also believe Tebow will struggle before he gets better. As most young QB's do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #52
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

how can u not like the eagles. outside of vick (who has years left in him) they are a young team all around. that offense is insane in the video world. mccoy is a young westbrook, the are solid at the TE position with celek, desean and maclin are nasty and if they pick up plaxico (not young, i know), that offense will be unstoppable
Old 07-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #53
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Everyone else is being a homer so I'll bring up the Raiders. Yes JC is weak but you can draft a QB. After that DMC coming off the best season of his career, young WRs in Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, and DHB, and a solid TE in Zach Miller. And we all know speed still kills in Madden.

Lions, Eagles, Bucs, are all solid as well of course.

And LOL at Redskins guys. C'mon son.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You act like no one around here played college football, or know people who played/play on Sundays. Trust me, the group isn't that elite. There are plenty of us around here.

While John Elway was the greatest QB I have ever seen, I don't care who you are, we simply haven't seen enough of Tebow to make any sort of accurate judgement on him.. Guy has taken what 150 snaps total? I hate the Broncos, but I liked what little I saw of him. I know Mike Mayock likes his potential, and for me his word carries more weight than just about anyone.

Now am I sold on the Broncos as a great young offense? No. I think Moreno is just a guy. I don't think he's a game changer or even a grinder. Decker somehow has this rep, but I think the rep is greater than his actual ability. I love Thomas at WR, but I think in the end he's going to be a complimentary player more than a #1. Eddie Royal is Eddie Royal. I think he's a great slot guy, and a great special teams guy. I think outside of that role, he becomes very average.

I don't know much about their young TE's but comparing them to Antonio Gates seems a little much.

I also believe Tebow will struggle before he gets better. As most young QB's do.
The Broncos guy said I was just repeating what ESPN guys said about Tebow. Thats was completely false. He also presented it like I was judging Tebow saying he would be horrible. That was also false. I was simply stating I know quite a bit about football, and quite a bit about the specific team he was talking about. If you think thats me stating I know more than anyone, well thats a poor assumption on your part. I was simply dismissing the ESPN talking heads parrot comment.

I did not judge Tebow at all in any of my comments...something else I guess you just brought into my post even though it was never said. The Broncos guy compared Tebow to Elway. They are not a like in any way except for being Broncos QBs. Is that a knock on Tebow? Of course not. They are just not the the same type of atheletes. Comparing their rookie struggles is just silly. Tebow could end up being good, or he could end up a bust.....but he isnt comparable to Elway.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #55
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the Broncos are better with Orton. Right Now. Orton is one the most underrated qbs in the league. I believe John Fox when he's says that Tebow is a great athlete but far from a great qb. However I do see a lot of Elway in Tebows personality and leadership abilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #56
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

I like the Lions, Bucs, Eagles and ofcourse Packers.....here are two teams that havent been mentioned yet.

Falcons - Matt Ryan is the real deal, Roddy White is a top WR and then throw in the WR they traded up in the draft for and you got a solid, young passing game right there.

NY Jets - Sanchez has already won 4 road playoff games, plays his best in big games and is entering his 3rd season in his early 20s still. At WR you will have atleast Holmes or Edwards (if not both) and both are about 27/28, Keller is a young TE with speed and you have the best C in the game in Mangold and a Top 5 LT in Brick who are both entering their 5th years in the NFL.....got alot of good, young talent on D too (rookies Wilkerson and Ellis on the DLine, Harris at MLB, Revis, Cro and Wilson all at CB (all former 1st round picks) all in their early to mid 20s......

Yes I am a Jets fan

Last edited by PaPZ187; 07-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »