Home

No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

This is a discussion on No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will You Buy Madden Used Instead of New this Year?
Yes, online franchise was completely neglected! 46 13.81%
Yes, but for other reasons. 26 7.81%
No, online franchise isn't that important to me. 230 69.07%
Maybe. 31 9.31%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #113
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No Online Franchise Additions- No $60! (Poll)

And another reason i don't care about online is it does not appeal to me anymore and not because it is an incomplete feature of madden which it is, i just don't want to play it and that's my choice...and no i'm not afraid of the human competition i just don't want to play it online so that should be okay and it should not bother anyone....i am an offline only player, what about the people who don't have internet if they made madden an online only game what would they have to play? people wanting madden to be online only is a bit selfish, i love the fact we have the choice of online or offline.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymadison
And another reason i don't care about online is it does not appeal to me anymore and not because it is an incomplete feature of madden which it is, i just don't want to play it and that's my choice...and no i'm not afraid of the human competition i just don't want to play it online so that should be okay and it should not bother anyone....i am an offline only player, what about the people who don't have internet if they made madden an online only game what would they have to play? people wanting madden to be online only is a bit selfish, i love the fact we have the choice of online or offline.
Who thinks it should be online only? You aren't understanding what was discussed earlier.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #115
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
This will be my last post (LOL) but how can you get a brutal challenge from the CPU b/c I messed with the sliders to a point where I literally turned up most of the CPU sliders that goes to an advantage of the CPU and turned down the sliders for me? Can someone elaborate on how you can get a brutal challenge from the CPU as far as what you should do. I purposely go 3 and out just to make it challenging and with I hike the ball, I just drop my stick and let the CPU make the pass or run just to make it a challenge but doing all that, I just will play another human user like me so i don't have to purposely degrade my play.
I'm going to go waaay out on a limb here and say that most of us have been able to find challenging All Pro, All Madden, sliders Lol... but hey, congrats that you are that good that the cpu doesnt challenge you...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
This will be my last post (LOL) but how can you get a brutal challenge from the CPU b/c I messed with the sliders to a point where I literally turned up most of the CPU sliders that goes to an advantage of the CPU and turned down the sliders for me? Can someone elaborate on how you can get a brutal challenge from the CPU as far as what you should do. I purposely go 3 and out just to make it challenging and with I hike the ball, I just drop my stick and let the CPU make the pass or run just to make it a challenge but doing all that, I just will play another human user like me so i don't have to purposely degrade my play.
You genuinely can't get a challenge from the CPU? So if you put all the sliders on 0/100 for user/cpu, set game speed as very fast and played as the worst rated team against the best rated on all madden you'd back yourself to win? If so fair play to you but I somehow doubt it....
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #117
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
You genuinely can't get a challenge from the CPU? So if you put all the sliders on 0/100 for user/cpu, set game speed as very fast and played as the worst rated team against the best rated on all madden you'd back yourself to win? If so fair play to you but I somehow doubt it....
Not trying to knock people that enjoy offline, but what you are describing isn't a challenge I or other online guys want. Having the cpu break more tackles or have a wall of an offensive line because you cranked up the sliders isn't the same as having a human opponent who recognizes mismatches in your coverage and attacks them. The cpu will never replace a human in that regard.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #118
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Not trying to knock people that enjoy offline, but what you are describing isn't a challenge I or other online guys want. Having the cpu break more tackles or have a wall of an offensive line because you cranked up the sliders isn't the same as having a human opponent who recognizes mismatches in your coverage and attacks them. The cpu will never replace a human in that regard.
Actually, the CPU COULD replace a human in THAT regard quite easily. It just doesnt do it in Madden.

But I get what you are saying.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I said I wasn't going to post again but that last line in your post pretty much sums it up, common sense statement actually. Also, if the A.I. could make decisions like a human I'm sure EA would have put it in the game already. Also, if I have to mess with the sliders that much just to get a competitive game from the CPU, why not just face another human like your self?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #120
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Also, if I have to mess with the sliders that much just to get a competitive game from the CPU, why not just face another human like your self?
Because the CPU will never quit partway through a game or use cheesy, unrealistic, repetitive strategies.

Why not accept that some people prefer to play offline against the computer, and some people need the added challenge only a human player can give. Not everyone plays video games for the same kind of challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »