Home

With Expanded Roster How are you going to play your roster in Pre-Season

This is a discussion on With Expanded Roster How are you going to play your roster in Pre-Season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
With Expanded Roster How are you going to play your roster in Pre-Season

With a little more than a month and a half from the release of Madden 12, I been thinking, how to run my franchise thru pre-season. I was thinking of letting my starters go the first 10 minutes of the game for the first game. Then 2nd team the rest of the half with the 3rd unit going the rest of the game, this way I get to see everyone and decide who I keep for special teams. The second preseason game I'll let the regulars go the first half and the second and third unit go the rest of the way. I don't know when they placed the first cut down day, if it's like HC09 it will be after the 2nd preseason game. The 3rd game I will use as a dress rehersal for the regular season and have the starters go 3 qtrs. The fourth I play mostly the 2nd stringers. I interested in hearing from others on how they going to handle preseason-offline, since online maybe setup differently. Good Gaming Gents!!!!

Last edited by crob8822; 07-14-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: grammer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: With Expanded Roster How are you going to play your roster in Pre-Season

First preseason game starters the 1st quarter second team the second quarter. Second half 3rd string plays the third quarter and walks ons play the 4th quarter. Same for the second preaseason game. Third game 1st string plays the first half. Second string the 3rd quarter and 3rd string plays the 4th quarter. 4th game starters dont play all all. Second string plays the first half 3rd string and any remaining walk ons play the second half.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
Pro

crob8822's Arena

That's good but with this Madden addition I'll be worried about injuries, which I hope has been fixed. I played Madden 11 franchise 5 straight season and had my offensive line healthy for all of them.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

In the Madden 12 franchise blog they noted that the preseason games are set up say in the 4th game for the starters to sit out.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Thats great!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

The Madden dev team has Pre-Season AI set-up the way it should be.

Myself, I run it this way with every Madden Pre-season

Game 1, Superstar Vets sit. 2nd year guys who are on the cusp of greatness get a series. This is for both sides of the ball. Then it back-up time. QB's #2, #3 and #4 all play

Game 2, Starter get a series, then back-ups

Game 3, Starters play 1st half. Maybe play 1st series in the 3rd qrt. Then the back-ups

Game 4, Back-ups the whole game!

The frustration has always been the CPU having it's starters in there during the 2nd half. INJURIES have to be more........

Last edited by Step2001; 07-15-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
That's good but with this Madden addition I'll be worried about injuries, which I hope has been fixed. I played Madden 11 franchise 5 straight season and had my offensive line healthy for all of them.
You need to bump up the injury slider. I can't recall what exact slider setting I use, but I have it just shy of the max (95-99; somewhere in there) and my injuries are moderately realistic. Typically, by mid-season, I have about 6 guys missing extended time. It's still low compared to real life but since Madden 11 doesn't have a real IR system and the game is ultimately about fun, not getting frustrated with a bunch of backups, I'll take that amount of injuries.

My most recent franchise was a Rams franchise and as of Week 4, Donnie Avery is out for the season, Daniel Fells missed 4 weeks and will be returning, Sam Bradford will miss 3 weeks, one of my O-linemen will miss a few more weeks, and my nickelback, one of my starting DT's, and one of my starting OLB's are also out for a few weeks.

Last edited by phillysouljah; 07-15-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
You need to bump up the injury slider. I can't recall what exact slider setting I use, but I have it just shy of the max (95-99; somewhere in there) and my injuries are moderately realistic. Typically, by mid-season, I have about 6 guys missing extended time. It's still low compared to real life but since Madden 11 doesn't have a real IR system and the game is ultimately about fun, not getting frustrated with a bunch of backups, I'll take that amount of injuries.

My most recent franchise was a Rams franchise and as of Week 4, Donnie Avery is out for the season, Daniel Fells missed 4 weeks and will be returning, Sam Bradford will miss 3 weeks, one of my O-linemen will miss a few more weeks, and my nickelback, one of my starting DT's, and one of my starting OLB's are also out for a few weeks.
I like fun, but I like uncertainly and having no Injuries is not fun because it's part of the game. Madden becomes boring when my team win the SB all the time even on all madden. I like to miss the playoffs have a losing record and the challenge of creating depth. The Green Bay Packers lost quite a number of players and won the world title. I hope this years addition will provide that challenge. I have bump my slider up and had injuries but for a game or two, not for the whole season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »