Home

So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12

This is a discussion on So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NCAA12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #49
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well this is straight from the horse's mouth so to speak, so if he's right looks like Madden 12 is going to be pretty awesome, I really like NCAA 12 so if it's better than it, I will be very happy.
Right, and if you can't trust the Madden 12 Assistant Designer to give you his honest opinion about which game will be better this year...who can you trust?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So who has decided to get Madden this year that wasn't going to before playing NC

Make sure you guys tune into Game Changers RoundTable tonight, they are going to have @Sgibs7 on the show and he's the guy who made the Prima guide with @Zfarls for Madden12. They are going to be discussing the differences between Madden 12 and NCAA 12.

Link is www.thegcrt.com
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #51
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
Right, and if you can't trust the Madden 12 Assistant Designer to give you his honest opinion about which game will be better this year...who can you trust?
He also said NCAA11>Madden 11, so I don't think it's going to be a biased opinion. Like I've been saying, everyone I have talked to that has played both said they liked Madden 12 better but both are great games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Just curious to see how many people changed their minds about getting Madden after finding out how great NCAA plays this year. Madden is supposed to be better than NCAA that is what is scary. I'm really liking NCAA for now though.
I actually have the exact opposite reaction. I was considering getting Madden but after purchasing NCAA I'm not buying it. The gameplay just doesn't do it for me in NCAA and I don't see Madden being different in any substantial way. After 6 six years of hoping and wanting a good next gen football I'm now conviced it's just not going to happen and I'm really glad I bought Madden 11 for the PS2 (last year)...I dropped it in and played it for about four hours last night and loved it...I then put in NCAA 12 for PS3 and couldn't get through a quarter. I'm now officially convinced that I just don't like it and never will until they completely overhaul (or roll back) the gameplay and make it last last gen. Not trying to flame here, it just is what it is.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #53
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I actually have the exact opposite reaction. I was considering getting Madden but after purchasing NCAA I'm not buying it. The gameplay just doesn't do it for me in NCAA and I don't see Madden being different in any substantial way. After 6 six years of hoping and wanting a good next gen football I'm now conviced it's just not going to happen and I'm really glad I bought Madden 11 for the PS2 (last year)...I dropped it in and played it for about four hours last night and loved it...I then put in NCAA 12 for PS3 and couldn't get through a quarter. I'm now officially convinced that I just don't like it and never will until they completely overhaul (or roll back) the gameplay and make it last last gen. Not trying to flame here, it just is what it is.
NCAA 12 must suck on PS3 or something, I definitely could never see myself enjoying a PS2 Madden more than NCAA 12 on my xbox. To each their own though.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
NCAA 12 must suck on PS3 or something, I definitely could never see myself enjoying a PS2 Madden more than NCAA 12 on my xbox. To each their own though.
No, I can see where he's coming from. APF2k8 is essentially a last gen game with a minor paint job. That game was FAR more engaging than any Madden this gen "on the field". Last generation Madden's were actually pretty good. I didn't purchase any, but I did play many of them, and the gameplay was much more fluid.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #55
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I couldn't stand Madden11, a group of friends all decided to stop splitting between the 2 and pick 1 game for a bigger online franchise/dynasty. Madden11 won out and all but 3 of us were frustrated from week2 on.

the gameplay was tweaked for no reason, why change the line/LB/db coverage buttons and double the work to get the movements...

the gang tackling was terrible, I had plenty of highlights where I hit a 4th option WR and as he is spinning out of the tackle the 3 other players going for the tackle were being magnetically repelled while he spun.

the lighting was subpar even to NCAA11, the field was subpar and the field never had degradation nor did uniforms ever look worn.

the music was terrible(although it's that way at a real NFL game as well) but we couldn't even set up custom stadium sounds. I'm still annoyed when ever I hear crazy train or welcome to the jungle, even on my ipod.

the online franchise was a complete joke though, it killed the excitement we had after looking at NCAA11 and the webbased features. when we actually started our season we were quickly hit with the fact that none of the features were useful and most were cumbersome.

now fastforward to this year, 10 of us have decided to skip Madden(it started as 6 of us) and stick with NCAA12. basically every bullet point Madden has made is basically one that was started in NCAA11/12. and to top it all off, Madden gives us the same line that they had to backburner online franchise and it will be fully redesigned NEXT year... heard that last year. that same line made 4 more of my friends decide to skip madden which brought it to 10 of us that are skipping Madden. those of my friends that aren't skipping Madden12 are mainly the hardcore NFL fans who have to have the newest edition no matter what, although 1 of them really really really loves madden.

oh yeah and Gus Johnson sucked in his play-by-play, nothing worse then his lazy lines followed by way over the top excitement over a 2 yard run where the RB broke 2 tackles... i liked him doing basketball but Madden meh. (NCAA gets a +.5 pts just for losing Lee Corso in that regard)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
No, I can see where he's coming from. APF2k8 is essentially a last gen game with a minor paint job. That game was FAR more engaging than any Madden this gen "on the field". Last generation Madden's were actually pretty good. I didn't purchase any, but I did play many of them, and the gameplay was much more fluid.
I agree...you'll notice that all of the next gen sports games that were ported (NHL, The Show, NBA 2k) directly from last gen are still rock solid games on this generation of hardware. 2K8 to this day is still a better game than anything (football) EA has put out in the last 6 years and I'm not a 2k fanboy by anyones imagination. It's a shame EA lost the rights to baseball because MVP 05 from a gameplay perspective is every bit as good as The Show (if not better). It would have been much better if EA lost the football rights to 2k and 2k lost the baseball rights to EA. After 6 years and seeing how it turned out, I don't know how anyone could disagree. 2K baseball and Madden football are equally as bad.

Last edited by misterkrabz; 07-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »