Home

Roster requirements

This is a discussion on Roster requirements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Roster requriements

I'd much rather have 53 people to choose from than what 45 active game day rosters like in real life?

Hopefully one day they will have practice squads where you can practice w/ players, get to know them, and improve them; if you need them you should be able to put them in your 53. or is it 55 Madden has?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
I definitely would not say 3 QBs, as many teams only keep 2. 2 FBs? I don't believe that's necessary. 3 TE's aren't always needed either, and I think many teams can survive with only 3 guards and 3 tackles. In a 4-3, the MLB requirement only needs to be two, and the same goes with the NT requirement in the 3-4. You could even argue that only 4 CBs and 4 WRs are needed due to the fact that TE's can be used as wide receivers in 4 and five wide receiver sets and safties can fill in at corner in dime and quarter packages.
After re-reading my post, I made a mistake. My setup would be what I would set up my roster to be. The minimum setup would total 45 players since thats what the active limit is for games. Let me explain why I would have 3 QB's, etc. I have my starter, veteran backup and young developmental guy. FB wise, I have my starter and my special teams/backup. Starting TE, solid backup and then special teamer. To me, it seems like you're forgetting about special teams. I HATE IT WHEN MY STARTERS ARE ON SPECIAL TEAMS. I dont want them risking injury for special teams especially if they're highly rated. Also, when you have a lower amount of players at one position (like say only 4 CB's), you're more likely to suffer an injury or two at that position since the CPU would see it as a weakness. And I dont want to sign a crappy FA to replace the injured player. Also, I dont do trades of any kind so making sure that I have good or better starters, solid backups and plenty of depth across the board is important to me. As for NT, I would have three because I would want a starter, backup plus a young developmental guy. Those third and fourth stringers would be special teamers, developmetal guys, depth and cheap salary.

But to each his/her own. As for the minimum, I would have 2 QB, 3 RB, 1 FB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2 C, 3 OG, 3 OT, 1 K, 1 P, 1 LS, 3 DE, 3 DT, 3 OLB, 3 ILB, 5 CB, 2 SS and 2 FS. That totals 45 which is the minimum. I really hope that the maximum is 53 like in reality. But whatever, it is whatever it is. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
Position requirements should be interchangeable:

Guards/Tackle=OL
HB/FB= RB
OLB/MLB= LB
DE/DT= DL
CB/FS/SS= DB

If we're talking about the same thing, I agree that the Left/Right setup is definitely frustrating as it only takes a simple "flip" of the offensive play to exploit mismatches..

In the Depth Chart: Linebackers should be designated Mike, Sam and Will instead of Middle, ROLB, and LOLB
Agreed.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I'd much rather have 53 people to choose from than what 45 active game day rosters like in real life?

Hopefully one day they will have practice squads where you can practice w/ players, get to know them, and improve them; if you need them you should be able to put them in your 53. or is it 55 Madden has?
The one thing I wish would be in football games is something I like to call "active/deactive". Before every game, you would have to select the 45 players that you want to be active for each game. I think this would add strategy to the game because if you're playing against a run heavy offense, you may want an extra DL or LB instead of a CB or a S. I do wish that the roster limit is 53 like in reality. I dont like having a 55 or whatever it is player limit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

They should go the route of Head Coach...you determine the minimum number based on your system. Of course, you would have specific options to choose from at each position. I don't remember exactly but I think HC had something like 2, 3, or 4 could be your minimum at QB, OL could be 7, 8, or 9. Again, the numbers may be off but the idea is the same. I get the "minimum" idea to an extent but it's annoying to HAVE to carry 2 FB in a singleback system.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
Rookie

XNowOrNever85X's Arena

The packers kept 4 TEs and 3 FBs which I thought was funny as hell.But it all worked out in the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »