Home

Get Madden 12 delivered to your doorstep for $45 from Toys R Us

This is a discussion on Get Madden 12 delivered to your doorstep for $45 from Toys R Us within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Get Madden 12 delivered to your doorstep for $45 from Toys R Us

I just got the same email that everyone has been getting and then replied to the email with the messages that people who are getting the price match are getting and also included the screen shot on this thread showing that someone got the price match and I got a message that they would honor the price match.

So it looks like if you show them proof they will honor the price match. Also play the "I am a loyal customer card and will take my future business elsewhere" card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #66
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I wonder what Amazon is thinking. Seems a handful of us struck while the iron was hot yesterday. Others are having a more difficult time now. I reckon they'll still handle it on a case by case basis.

They probably would stand to lose quite a few dollars if they do a price change across the board.

Still a helluva deal -- one that even I couldn't pass up. $45 + release day delivery + $20 in credit. Winning!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

it worked for me guys - its pretty simple. place order - email them about order and put Vizen's quote along with the link about the price:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index*...S/2254197&sr=1

"I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com."

Tell them that your friend got this price approved and you are a long time customer and it will go along way in retaining your business and making you happy - they will write back that they will make a one time exception for you and charge you the toys r us price - easy as pie

Last edited by wyrm187; 07-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #68
Rookie

sars973's Arena

Just sent my email. Hopefully I get a positive result.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

If I were Amazon, I would instruct all me CSRs to reply/say...

That's a great price by ToysRUs, you should buy it from them!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy
If I were Amazon, I would instruct all me CSRs to reply/say...

That's a great price by ToysRUs, you should buy it from them!
lol the looks on peoples faces
Old 07-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #71
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I pre-ordered this morning and gave it a shot. Got denied. I had some trade-in credit anyway, so I'll be paying $44.73 with release-day delivery and $20 promo credit. I can live with that.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #72
Rookie

I tried yesterday without pre-ordering and they denied it. Then this morning I pre-ordered the game and then sent an email with the TRU link and copy of the previous email showing they price matched the same item already.I got this response back within 15 minutes:

Hello,
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.
With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.
However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.
I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.
Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »