Home

Madden 12 worth it?

This is a discussion on Madden 12 worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 12 worth it?

Lucky for you there are already many threads within this forum and the NCAA forum with E3 impressions and OS impressions in the NCAA forum. I would suggest reading those threads then downloading the Madden demo on Aug 9th.

The search feature on this site is your friend.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

I'll be buying Madden again this year midnight at release. Like one poster said, I'm not a gamer. I'm a Madden player, so Madden is a 12-month purchase. A MUST HAVE.

By that token, Madden is the ONLY game that is "worth it." Everything else is just a game.

Later
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #19
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Are all these negative threads ever going to stop, the game hasn't even been released yet!!!!!

While I do agree with you, people including myself have many legit concerns with how Madden is going to turn out based on how NCAA came out.

NCAA is basically a game in beta shape. The new custom playbook feature is bugged, the gameplay is bugged with named rosters due to players swapping tendencies, the dynasty recruits are bugged with either normal OR named rosters due to swapping tendencies, online dynasties have to be scrapped because some just flat out wont work randomly, there are about 3 seperate issues with the game freezing at different places, and this is all without mentioning yearly issues such as psychic DB's (look at the many videos released, they are there) and Linebackers that are mistaken for being LeBron James, swatting passes into the 4th row of the stands.

Also no one from EA has said anything about this for 2 weeks, which sucks for roster makers because they have to put all their plans on hold because no one knows if we are going to have to use new rosters or not once they patch it. I havent even been able to start a dynasty yet.

This is why there is a legitamate concern for how Madden is going to turn out with all these new features they are adding in.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Hey to me (and I dont' claim to have any special insight) there are gamers and there are madden ballers. Madden ballers are generally satisfied enough with the game to buy it every year. Gamers may or may not depending on when they like it. I'm not a spokesman for anyone but I'd be willing to bet most Madden ballers would agree that unless the game is horrible they are going to buy it and play it all year until the next one. I know I will.
I've bought every madden game since 07. Admittedly I stayed on old gen until M10 when to me the finally put out more than a barebones product. If M12 or M13 was a STEP BACK (like they cut franchise or something dumb like that) yes I'd skip it for a while and keep playing M11. The roster updates alone are enough to keep people buying a product with NO Changes in most cases. I may be dumb but if you told me that M12 was EXACTLY the same as M11 except with the updated rosters and a few presentation changes (nothing major)...I'm buying it. I realize some people are fussier about the game but Madden addicts like myself will keep buying unless they really screw up bad.

I'm looking forward to the changes they made in the game, improvements and all but suction blocking and robo QB were never enough to make me NOT buy the game. Am I talking too much????
I'm with you 100%.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

In my opinion from what Ive seen of madden 12 so far and after playing NCAA 12 for a while now it seems like Madden 12 is actually going to have more "life" this time around. The new camera angles, DPP, amazing player models, and revamped franchise and superstar mode plus it also has the **** 3d grass. NCAA 12 is a great game but it does seem to be missing that game time atmosphere in my opinion. Madden 12 looks like it's going to finally going to have the atmosphere and excitement that has been missing for so long, mainly because of the new camera angles which look so good and I know its a little thing but the TD celebrations ive seen Look really good too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

This question can only be answered when the game is released, and you get to try it out for yourself.

Why would you want someone else opinion. Only you truly know what you want.

The same goes for everything else in life. FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Amazziness's Arena

OVR: 4

I just hope its at least half of what ncaa is cause it has really been a disappointment and ncaa has taken over. it use to always be madden 1st then ncaa in gamers eyes but now its the other way around idk about you guys but i just want ****ing madden back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »